free website stats program Glide-Pro Stabilizer System | Harley Davidson Forums

Glide-Pro Stabilizer System

HarryB737

Well, I spent a good part of today helping one of my riding buddy install on his 2006 Ultra Classic the Glide-Pro Stabilizer System. It's a replacement type set-up that replaces the rear swingarm bushings & shaft, and the front motor mount too. He had done the research & decided on this Mfg. I have to say the parts were of upmost quality & the job went very smoothly (Just a little longer than expected). The new parts were not rubber but a neopreme type material.
When we finished up the bike has much less vibration at idle, and after he test rode it he came back ALL grins. :D. The parts that came out were very worn... fact is when I saw them & compared them to what was going in I wondered if we had the right kit, but we did. These old parts had a little over 30k miles on them and he had complained over the last several rides that the bike just didn't feel right. Evidently he nailed the diognoses. If anyone is needing to do the same I would certainly recommend this kit.

Thanks for the post. I have been thinking of putting this on my 2004 ElectraGlide, but due to the cost have been a little hesitant. Glad to hear that it works and worth the bucks!

I put the glide pro on my 05 road king a couple years ago, and I no longer have the wobble.
I do alot of interstate riding and the wobble used to be bad, but no longer.

I highly recommend it, especially since your not adding a device to your bike, but changing the pivot and swingarm bushings, which you would eventually have to do anyway.

How did you do the vehicle/engine alignment after changing out the front and rear motor mounts?

Enjoy,
Rich P

Rich,

No problems noted, with this Kit & model everything seemed to self align.

Short naps are great :p We did recheck the belt & adjustment on rear tire, via measurements from pivot point of swingarm to center line of rear axil. Sorry I misunderstood when I first read your post....

Short naps are great :p We did recheck the belt & adjustment on rear tire, via measurements from pivot point of swingarm to center line of rear axil. Sorry I misunderstood when I first read your post....
Not what I meant. The swingarm is attached to the engine/transmission. Alignment of the engine, in the frame, is critical to safe rolling down the road. There is front to back, and left/right rotation, and top-left/right rotation to adjust. Once you have the engine/swingarm aligned properly, you can safely align the rear wheel to the swingarm, trusting that the swingarm is properly aligned with the bike.

Enjoy,
Rich P

I thought if you didn't touch the upper and front stabilizer links you would not lose your alignment?

Back