free website stats program Glide Pro mount | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Glide Pro mount

Dolt-I was thinking about putting one of those on my Road Glide do you know if they make one for a 2001? do you know roughly what the prices on those are?and could you please post some pictures Thanks

I bought a set for an '02 FLHT; don't know if '01 is same or not. Call Dwight at Syke Performance or email Dwight at info@sykeperformance.com. Cost is $149.99 plus shipping. I am traveling at the moment but will post pics this weekend when I get home.:s

Drive Train Stabilizers from Sykes Performance.

Attachments

• Drive Train Stabilizer.1.jpg
    Drive Train Stabilizer.1.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 22
  • Drive Train Stabilizer.2.jpg
    Drive Train Stabilizer.2.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 26
I went to Syke Performance and when I click on a product it redirects me to Eastern Performance Cycles......

Call Dwight and get the straight scoop from him on availability, fitment and where to purchase.

I have not installed mine but have a friend in CA that has. He has experimented with the Glide Pro mount and several other aftermarket stabilizers like the Sta Bo, Bagger Brace, etc. and he is satisfied that this system works. This guy is an ex aero space engineer that has been riding and working on Harleys for many years. I take anything he says very seriously as he is a no nonsense guy. If he says it works, you can take it to the bank.:coffee

If you are interested I can attach a link to thread he posted on HTT that basically evaluates each of the stabilizer systems; pros/cons etc. as well as this one. It's a long read, very technical and will put you to sleep but if you want to read it, I will post the link.

If you are interested I can attach a link to thread he posted on HTT that basically evaluates each of the stabilizer systems; pros/cons etc. as well as this one. It's a long read, very technical and will put you to sleep but if you want to read it, I will post the link.

Yes I am interested.

I needed a front motor mount 2 years ago and now after reading a few posts around here I'm really getting the sense that these doughnuts in the swing arm are a wear item.
What is your (and everyones) opinion on the longevity on these doughnuts?

Yes I am interested.

I needed a front motor mount 2 years ago and now after reading a few posts around here I'm really getting the sense that these doughnuts in the swing arm are a wear item. What is your (and everyones) opinion on the longevity on these doughnuts?

The rubber donuts are exposed to lateral forces which will wear on them over time and the extent of the wear will depend on how hard the bike is ridden and how the bike is loaded. An aggressive solo rider and two up riding a loaded bike will put more load on the donuts. I would say anything over 35K miles could show wear; mine did.

Here is the link to the thread I made reference to in my previous post. Unfortunately, the pictures and sketches are no longer imbedded since the post is nearly a year old. The discussion of the "bagger nutz" as the Sykes system is referred do start at post #79.

How do the bagger stabilizers work?

Back