free website stats program Glide Pro mount | Harley Davidson Forums

Glide Pro mount

kdaddy

Just installed my new Glide Pro front motor mount. Wow. What a difference. My old mount was not cracked or collapsed but I was getting a lot of fairing shake and engine movement. When idleing my headlight beam doesn't even move. No bouncing at all. Very very pleased and the install with a buddy's help took about half hour. Highly suggest thus product. Shipping was 2 days from California to Tennessee .
WAP.gif

Follow up.... I should have posted the website, thanks Dr. Dolittle. Took her out for a run on the slab today and at 75-80 she is as smooth as my car.
WAP.gif

Thanks for the report on the GP motor mount. We are always looking for good products for our rides.

Never heard anything bad about the GP products. Thanks for sharing!

My front mount is getting sloppy I think I will look into these. Thanks

My front mount is getting sloppy I think I will look into these. Thanks

You should check it out. The current Glide Pro mount has gone through several iterations and is much better than the original. The proprietary and patented urethane compound and the 1/2" thru bolt really are an improvement over the original. Follow instructions on the bolt torque, that has also changed. 8 foot pounds, or whatever it is now, seems low but it works.

I think there are better options for the rear but the front is a good upgrade.:coffee

You should check it out. The current Glide Pro mount has gone through several iterations and is much better than the original. The proprietary and patented urethane compound and the 1/2" thru bolt really are an improvement over the original. Follow instructions on the bolt torque, that has also changed. 8 foot pounds, or whatever it is now, seems low but it works.

I think there are better options for the rear but the front is a good upgrade.:coffee

dolt- what would be the better options for the rear?

dolt- what would be the better options for the rear?

I am talking twin cams now, not earlier models. There are several options for the rear in the form of Tru Trac, Bagger Brace, etc. but there is a new, cheaper and simpler solution from Sykes Performance called the Drive Train Stabilizer; just out about mid 2014. A simple but elegant solution that, IMHO, solves the problem without linking the tranny to the motor but actually stabilizing the connection between the drive train and the chassis.

I have a set on my bench but have not installed. I can take a picture and post it if interested. Basically it consists of machined hardware that replaces the OEM hardware at the fulcrum point; the swing arm axle. The system takes the flex out of the "hinge" in the frame.

Sykes Performance is selling the stabilizer; early models were ready first and later models should be available now. Like I said up front, don't know if this system retro fits to an early FXR. You can Google Sykes Performance for contact information but the stabilizers are not up on his website yet. Let me know if you want photos and I will post them.:s

I am talking twin cams now, not earlier models. There are several options for the rear in the form of Tru Trac, Bagger Brace, etc. but there is a new, cheaper and simpler solution from Sykes Performance called the Drive Train Stabilizer; just out about mid 2014. A simple but elegant solution that, IMHO, solves the problem without linking the tranny to the motor but actually stabilizing the connection between the drive train and the chassis.

I have a set on my bench but have not installed. I can take a picture and post it if interested. Basically it consists of machined hardware that replaces the OEM hardware at the fulcrum point; the swing arm axle. The system takes the flex out of the "hinge" in the frame.

Sykes Performance is selling the stabilizer; early models were ready first and later models should be available now. Like I said up front, don't know if this system retro fits to an early FXR. You can Google Sykes Performance for contact information but the stabilizers are not up on his website yet. Let me know if you want photos and I will post them.:s

Dolt-I was thinking about putting one of those on my Road Glide do you know if they make one for a 2001? do you know roughly what the prices on those are?and could you please post some pictures Thanks

Back