free website stats program Glide Pro Front Engine Mount | Harley Davidson Forums

Glide Pro Front Engine Mount

Bodeen

Staff member
Contributor
Another side benefit IMHO. I used to run the Buell motor mount on my '02 FLHT and it would need replacing almost every year. Partly because it is a softer compound than the H-D mount but I am sure the oil speeds up the deterioration of the rubber. I now run the Glide Pro mount which is a urethane compound and resistant to deterioration from exposure to oil. I will get around to relocating the filter on the FL in the near future anyway.

Not to derail this thread but what do you think of the Glide Pro and did you change the pivot bushing too?

Re: Dan Moore Remote Oil Filter

Not to derail this thread but what do you think of the Glide Pro and did you change the pivot bushing too?

I am not totally familiar with forum protocol but if I am hijacking my own thread breaks protocol, I can start a thread on the Glide Pro stabilizing system.

I like the front motor mount but believe there is a better option to stabilize the rear end. The Glide Pro front motor mount has gone through several iterations since inception, i.e., different compound materials, different torque settings, etc. but, IMHO, Jake finally sorted it out. The early OEM mount was a good one but as most know, they didn't always last so long and, IMHO, the oil residue that could not be cleaned had something to do with that; same same with the Buell mount which was made from an even softer rubber compound. Unfortunately, the early OEM and the Buell mount have all both been upgraded to the new stiffer mount which is one reason I finally decided to try the Glide Pro. Happy to report that I notice no difference between the Glide Pro and the early Buell mount which worked great.

If you are looking for a rear end stabilizer, there is a much cleaner, simpler alternative to any that are out there and, from an engineering perspective, really works. That option is new and called the "Drive Train Stabilizer" and is available from Sykes Performance. I have the stabilizers but have not installed them yet; my old FL now has 18" wheel front and back and a worked front suspension and is pretty planted in a high speed sweeper which is where the FLs tend to exhibit the "bagger wobble". The stabilizers are less expensive and I believe they work.

There is an interesting thread over on HTT where I am also a member that delves into the details and differences in the way the various stabilizers work. Max, the forum member that started the thread is an engineer, smart and very detail oriented. The read is a bit long but if you want to know more than you may want to know, worth the time.:D

How do the bagger stabilizers work?

I just wanted to point out that I moved the two previous posts from another thread into a new thread so it would make a bit more sense topic wise and be easier to find if someone is using our "search" function looking for Glide Pro info in thread titles.

Seems the "Drive Train Stabilizer" available from Sykes Performance, is not readily available. Yet anyway....

Seems the "Drive Train Stabilizer" available from Sykes Performance, is not readily available. Yet anyway....

It is available, at least for the early models; could be possible that not ready for the later models. I have one on my bench; shipped to me on 07/24. If interested send email to dbarry@sykeperformance.com to hear it from the "horses mouth":s

Re: Predator Vibra-Technics Front Engine Mount

Just curious if anyone is familiar with this product . Thinking about ordering one for my W/G .
Thanks

Re: Predator Vibra-Technics Front Engine Mount

I dont have a Glide Pro (yet) but all reports I have seen have been favorable. I wont hesitate when I am ready.

Back