free website stats program Glad to be here | Harley Davidson Forums

Glad to be here

Joe Wathen

I just joined the Forum. This is my first Harley, a 2006 Sportster 1200L and been riding about a month or so. When I bought it, it needed a new battery. Bought the battery and the charger system for it. I have had a couple problems that I need help with. Recently I tried to start up the bike and all ignition lights etc were on. When I hit the start button it clicked once and all power died. Wouldn't turn over. Tried to push start but nothing. Had to have it towed home. After reading some forum articles I am trying the battery issue first with disconnecting, cleaning the leads and reconnecting then keeping it on the charger. I hope this fixed the problem. Oh and I would jiggle some wires around the battery and the lights would come back on but then the same click when hitting the starter and all power off again. Please advise if you have been thru this.

Welcome to HDT from sunny AZ.

I'm assuming you had this issue with the new battery? Fully charge the new battery and see what happens. You may want to load test it, new does not mean it's good. I've seen brand new batteries that were junk.

Welcome aboard! Have that new battery load tested.

Back