free website stats program Give me a "brake". | Harley Davidson Forums

Give me a "brake".

Sibane

New Road King owner here and I just have a quick question about the front brakes on my 02 RK Classic. I get a steady noise from the front brakes that will go away if I squeeze the brake handle just a very little bit. I looked at the pads and they do not seem to be worn and the rotors are fine as is the fluid level. Is this a brake bleeding issue or a defective/worn pad issue?

With many of the harley brakes you will get a wooshing noise as the wheel turns. As long as it rolls freely and is not binding and the rotors aren't warped or scored too deeply, you should be OK.

I think I can help you here. I have 2000 RK classic And I had the same issue I still have the issue with my rear pads that I have not changed yet. I have chrome rotors and the new harley pads the semi metalics will not shut no matter what you do unless you apply the brakes I had to go back to kevlar pads to quite them. you dont get the miles you do with the semi's but they dont sing anymore. With that said I off the Phat preformace to order the rears I have put it off long enough.

Back