free website stats program Ghost in my Radio! | Harley Davidson Forums

Ghost in my Radio!

recon

I have a 2009 FLHX. My radio has started to turn itself on every time I start the bike! This seemed to start after having a front brake switch replaced but I am not really sure. Have any of you guys heard of this? ideas? thanks.

I have a 2010 Ultra Classic. I have nottced this too. I sometimes wonder if this happens when I turn the ignition switch on wearing gloves. Doesn't happen all the time but enough I can't figure it out. When it goes in for 5K service I was going to ask about it.

Not sure if this may be the issue - but if the radio is on when you turn the bike off, the radio will start up on the next start. That's what it does on my 08 Ultra.

Thanks for the replies. The techs at my local dealer have several radios pulled for repair/replace and want to 'research" the off/ on problem. Mine has gone from once in a while to always turning on at start up! If I figure it out i will let you know as it bugs the (EDIT) out of me!

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
recon; yep, definitely a dealership/HD warranty issue to resolve. Could be something in the wiring making it activate the radio when the ignition's energized. They'll figure it out...Cheers!

Never had this problem, but if it happens to a few, it might happen to all. Please post any fixes when you find out. Thanks.

I have a 2009 FLHX. My radio has started to turn itself on every time I start the bike! This seemed to start after having a front brake switch replaced but I am not really sure. Have any of you guys heard of this? ideas? thanks.

I hoped the problem was a pinched wire from the hand-brake light repair, but i tried a different switch set and that was not the problem. still investigating

Back