free website stats program Getting the better half to go on long trips! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Getting the better half to go on long trips!

Join a local riding club, Southern Cruisers or something like that. Do day rides with the club and your wife and let her meet some of the gals on two wheels. Friendships will form and it won't be long before you and your new friends are planning longer trips. I would be willing to bet this would work. It worked for me. I never thought my wife would ride 28 days to Ca and back. She looks forward to our next trips. Good luck!!

Wow, I thought I was the only one that married a girl that wasn't really into bikes. She will ride with me once in a while for a short trip around town but a real trip is out of the question. However, right now we have a two year old so childcare is always an issue. I'm hoping that once the little man grows up and moves out that she will have a greater interest in bikes. Only time will tell.

No problem here!! Mine tells me when it time to go on a long ride, and that is firly frequently. We just did 1200 miles in three days last weekend!!

Redfish-Joe, that's one I didn't think of but might look into. I wonder if a jealous thing will rear its ugly head if I want to pursue this suggestion without her company anyway. She seems to not be bothered with my 1 only trips or when the sons can get away for a day. Young sons have new family’s so not really to practical to pull their dad away from wife & kids. I am not too crazy about following groups. At this stage of my life I really don’t enjoy and will not tolerate hi stress personalities. I can really appreciate a well balanced and seasoned riding partner. No pressure, no conflicts, no time restraints, no crazy testosterone issues or the big one, the self proclaimed pecking order of club members. As we boomers start to retire and figure out the life time table is getting shorter every day it makes things like exploring this great country on our Harleys seem more important. I’m sure to find great riding friends that might be looking for the same type company as we are.

Wife did once upon a time enjoy taking trips with me on the bike as the kids got older and more able to look after themselves we had more and more weekend trips usually organised by my wife
however things change children have all left home and we have to put dog and cat into prison if we want a weekend away and wife has her own bike son has booked time off work so he can look after dog and cat while we get away on our summer trip only 2 1/2 weeks to go

Brian

The Redhead does not ride now, The Streetbob is solo seat and staying that way. When we had Baggers she rode a lot, she will be on the back of a 95 Ultra for the trip to Sturgis, it is a long walk back home other wise:s

The Redhead does not ride now, The Streetbob is solo seat and staying that way. When we had Baggers she rode a lot, she will be on the back of a 95 Ultra for the trip to Sturgis, it is a long walk back home other wise:s

you sure talk tough when she is studying :D

I think for a women it is nessesary to have planned destinations of something that interest them more then you. In other words, give and take. She goes but gets to shop along the way...lol works for me.

My wife likes to ride but not just for the fun of riding like us. She has to know she is going to go somewhere that she enjoys. Gives her a break to stretch out so she doesn't get sore. I also put a touring seat on for her.

Back