free website stats program getting hot | Harley Davidson Forums

getting hot

I got a 09 UC with a set of Rush pipes 1.50 and a large volume air breather.
Took it to the dealer and had a map down loaded.
It has a pep in it but run hot in the exhaust area. My pipes are starting to discolor and my leg real hot from the back jug pipe..
thinking it might be to lean.
The gas mileage is high thirty right now I have about 3200 mile on her right now ..
any info would to hear
thanks..

The Map/Download will cause you to burn more Gas, that is why you are seeing your Mileage Drop. It may have something to do with the Heat also, someone else may chime in with more info. Did you take any Exhaust Temp readings? The Bikes come from the Factory Running Lean, this is how they are setup.

no temp reading just a hot leg.
going to dealer on tuesday to let them look at it
Plus I have a battery problem If I let the bike set for two weeks, the battery is dead..

The new EPA rules require a lean fuel/air mix and the heat generated is the result of that. The dealer download for mods just returns the mixture to the lean condition. If you use a tuner instead of the download, it can decrease the temps a bit to more tolerable. The discolored pipes is normal for all the newer bikes more so than the older ones.

thinking about putting a turner on it
so many out there..
ride maxx, tfi and other just really don't know which one
I am just looking for one that will give best mileage and smothe performace. Not looking the burn the tire off.
thanks

Yes ther are many out ther and you will get a variety of opinions from members.You may want to look in the self help section under fuel injection where many of these are explained and make an informed decision.

i installed a power comander v from fuel moto for $299 on my 09 ultra he programed it with the map i needed for the pipes and air cleaner i have bike runs cooler and more throttle response give jamie a call he's top of his game 1-877-729-4754

The dealer called.
I had the worng map down load. The dealer re-loaded the soft ware and I went with a screaming eagle turner. They are dyno it and make all the adjustment . I am picking it friday ( the wife said don't ask for anything for thenxt ten years lol)
that for the inputs

I would make the dealer replace the Rush pipes you had installed. If they loaded the wrong map and this was the cause of the engine running hot that in turn caused the mufflers to turn blue, it would seem to me they should repair any damage that the wrong map caused.

Back