free website stats program Getting All the Oil Out | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Getting All the Oil Out

I contacted Phil of RogueChopper to find out where the hose is connected under the engine. He sent me the instructions (pdf) and after reading through it, I still have no idea what plug is removed.

Can someone provide me with good quality images showing the location and the plug that is removed? What is that plug?

I have a 2014 Street Glide. I assume the engine physically hasn't changed underneath for all the previous years so the undercarriage should be the same.

HD13FLHR005.gif
Number 2 in this picture, be careful, these plugs are stubborn and if over tightened can crack the case

I contacted Phil of RogueChopper to find out where the hose is connected under the engine. He sent me the instructions (pdf) and after reading through it, I still have no idea what plug is removed.

Can someone provide me with good quality images showing the location and the plug that is removed? What is that plug?

I have a 2014 Street Glide. I assume the engine physically hasn't changed underneath for all the previous years so the undercarriage should be the same.

There are two plugs in the pan; the drain plug and a pipe plug next to it; #17 in the drawing.

That's the plug for the Scavenger fitting. Phil also sells a kit to allow the hose connection to the return line fitting behind the cover on the right side of the motor. That's the kit I use; easier than installing the pan fitting.

I use the scavenger and it is a bit , of not much but a little bit of trouble to do . When I check my oil I really like the way that the oil looks ,and it looks good for long time .

Back