free website stats program getting air at the dealer | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

getting air at the dealer

My bike's manual calls for 36psi front/36psi rear or 36psi front/40psi rear (2 up). When I checked the tire pressure for the first time the front had 42 psi and the rear 36psi. If you want things done neatly and correctly, then, in most cases, you are better off doing it yourself.

I'm new here, so bear with me, but this got my attention.

Just got my 08 Heritage a couple months ago. Took it into the dealer for the 1000 mile service. It went in with 36 psi Front and 40 in the Rear. Got it back with well over 40 in the front and over 45 in the rear.

Any idea why they did that?

Thanks

Regardless of why you took the bike in to the H-D Dealership, if the bike went in clean... it should come out clean!!

In my experience, if I have a problem or concern about the dealer's service department (or any department), for the best results, if possible try to communicate directly with the owner of the dealership either in person, e-mail, etc.

Finally, inspect the bike before you pay the bill or sign the bike out as this is also a good time to make your concerns known.

Back