free website stats program Getting a painted inner fairing Thursday | Harley Davidson Forums

Getting a painted inner fairing Thursday

ironmark

Found a deal on a painted inner fairing for the RG when I was @ the Laughlin river run in Nevada . I am heading back home now & I am stopping to get the inner fairing & insturment bezel installed it is all set up & only cost $700 complete . I could not pass it up cosidering that HD wants $995 just for the parts .

Man, that painted inner fairing will look great.

I was wondering how the Laughlin River run was. I've seen the area and it had to be beautiful. Just seeing that clear water rolling in the Colorado is a site to see. On a limited schedule east coast to west is a bit too far but I hope to make the run one day.
:USA

The painted inner fairing is a great upgrade , here are some before and after pics . It even looks better in the sunshine , that is when the metal flake & the candy color come out .

Attachments

• S7300688.jpg
    S7300688.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 101
  • S7300690.jpg
    S7300690.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 89
  • S7300695.jpg
    S7300695.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 108
  • S7300694.jpg
    S7300694.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 109
  • S7300696.jpg
    S7300696.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 112
The moco is not coming out with a RG in 2010 & the CANDY RED SUNGLOW was only offered in 08 it makes my bike a rare RG & it was the first year that the had the throttle by wire & the six gallon gas tank . The painter from Fat Bagger said that he has only painted 4 inner fairings in that color & that the candy red sun glo was a true candy paint , he did not state if they were all RG or not .

Ironmark...that is one nice job that did on that inner fairing. Be careful, you may need ear plugs if Smitty sees those pix...there could be double sonic boom of his response from all the way in Wisconsin. Only heard that sound once, when the Space Shuttle landed at Edwards AFB here in SoCal.:D

Found a deal on a painted inner fairing for the RG when I was @ the Laughlin river run in Nevada . I am heading back home now & I am stopping to get the inner fairing & insturment bezel installed it is all set up & only cost $700 complete . I could not pass it up cosidering that HD wants $995 just for the parts .

I'm painting my 09 Ultra a smoked candy red. I love the way your painted inner fairing looks. Just curious what the "glare factor" is on a bright color like that. If it's not too bad, I wanna do the same thing. Any advice?

There is some glare @ times when the sun is behind me but nothing that bothers me . I keep a mp3 player & power cord in the boxes so I used some rock guard on the fairing where the cords could rub .

I painted my 03 FLHT inner fairing and I don't notice any glare. Sure does dress up the bike.

Last edited:
Back