free website stats program Getting a Fat Bob | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Getting a Fat Bob

I went to a couple of dealers here in Washington and they dont want to give me as much as I want on a trade in. So, I will have to sell the Sportster on my own, then go bike shopping. Thanks for the great advise here, I really do like the Fat Bob, more than the softtails. Although, there is a 110 Screaming Eagle for sale at the local Harley shop...it's a 2007 though and you know what they say about that year...some problems may occure.

Well if we get lucky and the weather warms up the potential for private sales is better. I think most of the time you do better not going to the dealer anyway. I looked at Craig's list, XL1200 sporty are running 6 to 9+K. If a dealer is in that ballpark you may be ok?

I went from a 2003 1200 Sportster to a 2010 Fat Bob and I love it. The handling is way better, I feel like I rode on the Sporty while I'm riding in the Fat Bob. The wider tires give a more comfortable ride, and I find myself leaning much more & doing faster turns.

The biggest issue I'm working on is the heat. I got my Fat Bob in September but lately we have had warmer days in Los Angeles [upper 80°s]. The Fat Bob can run hotter, and I'm sitting closer to a bigger engine, so I switched to Mobile V-twin & Spectro tranny fluid to see if that helps. With the 96cc, I feel like its not a "rice rocket", its a "meat & potato rocket".

Good Luck!

If your looking to save some $$ on a new bike have you looked at Harleys new Blackline?

I'm of fan of the fatbob. I love the wider front tires. One thing I don't care fore is the dual headlights. That could be the reason I walked out of the dealer with a wide glide.
WAP.gif

Well, I pulled the trigger on the Fat Bob and bought a brand new 2011 model. I am having the dealer do a stage 1 on it before it leaves the dealer. V&H Straightshot complete exhaust (no slip-ons this time), Screaming Eagle Heavy Breather intake and a Screamin' Eagle Pro EFI Super Tuner. I also am having the new speedo/tach combo gauge installed. This time I just decided to spend the extra money and get the Harley tuner instead of messing around with the powerpak or anything else.

Should get the bike in a week or so and hopefully we will have some sun by then too.

Now I have a pristine Sporty for sale...I just realized that I own two Harleys now...

Last edited:
I'm of fan of the fatbob. I love the wider front tires. One thing I don't care fore is the dual headlights. That could be the reason I walked out of the dealer with a wide glide.
WAP.gif

I hear this from time to time. I was just the opposite. I think it is one of the coolest features of the bike. But it's all about what is works for you.

Congrats on the new Fat Bob! Post some picks when you get a chance...

Congrats on moving up I think you will like the power of The Big Twin, tho I have a soft spot for Sportsters:s

Back