free website stats program Getting a Fat Bob | Harley Davidson Forums

Getting a Fat Bob

nhk750

Well, I am thinking about trading my Sportster in to the dealer for a Fat Bob. I decided I would like to have the 96 motor and a few inches more leg room.

Any one have any advice on the Fat Bob? It looks like a cool bike. The next step up would be the Softtail, but I am trying to not spend to much money.

Beautiful bike. Woulda been my next ride if not for my particular fortune.

I'm sure you'll enjoy the increase in power and the feeling of a bigger bike beneath you.

The Fat Bob would be a great choice. You will enjoy riding a heavy bike very much. From the smoothness of ride to the performance of the engine... As to money if the Softail is a Heritage you might want to rethink your decision and not use the Fat Bob as a stepping stone. You may end up spending more money in the long run....

Also there are some nice used bikes out there. You can go straight to a softail if you can find one in your budget. I went from riding mostly dirtbikes to my FatBoy with no trouble. Just takes a little getting used to then no problem.

The Fat Bob would be a great choice. You will enjoy riding a heavy bike very much. From the smoothness of ride to the performance of the engine... As to money if the Softail is a Heritage you might want to rethink your decision and not use the Fat Bob as a stepping stone. You may end up spending more money in the long run....

Great advice here.

Bodeen

You will have to decide which you really want. Both are sweet. I went from a 07 Sportster to a 08 Softail, glad I did, love my softail, no issues are far as getting used to it. It fit me right off, never looked back. JMO

Also, if possible you might try to sell your sporty private party. You will take a bath on a trade-in.

I can only speak for myself and I love the ride, handling and look of the Fat Bob. I was sold within the first couple of miles of the test ride but I kept it out for 45 minutes anyway! Clime on it whenever I have a chance. Ride On...

I went to a couple of dealers here in Washington and they dont want to give me as much as I want on a trade in. So, I will have to sell the Sportster on my own, then go bike shopping. Thanks for the great advise here, I really do like the Fat Bob, more than the softtails. Although, there is a 110 Screaming Eagle for sale at the local Harley shop...it's a 2007 though and you know what they say about that year...some problems may occure.

I went to a couple of dealers here in Washington and they dont want to give me as much as I want on a trade in. So, I will have to sell the Sportster on my own, then go bike shopping. Thanks for the great advise here, I really do like the Fat Bob, more than the softtails. Although, there is a 110 Screaming Eagle for sale at the local Harley shop...it's a 2007 though and you know what they say about that year...some problems may occure.

Get away from the bigger cities for a HD shop and you might find better trade in/deals, their a little harder up than the big city dealers.

Back