free website stats program gettin' out | Harley Davidson Forums

gettin' out

Duffer

Finally, a break from the snow,rain wind,rain, freezing rain, fog,cold, did I say rain? 42 degrees and cloudy today. Good enough to ride down to the local dealership and do my part to stimulate the economy. (shoulda bought some chaps). COME ON SPRING!:newsmile047:

The only getting out I'm doing is to shovel snow. 38 degrees here yesterday but with the 2 feet of snow on the ground, I'm not going anywhere soon. Hopefull the Ground Hog tells us spring is just around the corner. I've driven to the dealer in my cage at least once a week to snoop around and dream of spring. I'll do my part for the economy in a couple weeks and spend some money on doing a Stage 1 on my FatBob. But for now, she's covered and resting with a tender.

I feel sorry for you guys. I got out yesterday and rode about 150 miles and it was around 70 degrees and sunny. However the next few days are suppose to be in the 20's for the lows and 40 - 50's for the highs.

got out yesterday for the first time in six weeks , 3 days, 12 hrs. and 36 min. rode to the hog store to do my bit to get the econ0my going and rode 145 miles and it was cold by the time I got back but a nice day. :newsmile061:

Saw a few bikes out here yesterday, had me thinking, but then the thought of the cleaning and putting her back away, besides just spending the time with the wife. I decided to keep the wife happy and the bike covered, on the tender, and waiting anxiously for Spring.

Posted this on another thread... think it should go here...

Wife and I put just under 200 miles on this week-end... Saturday was only to dealer and back for a chilli tasting and HOG chapter activity... filled up with gas. Sunday after church... rode with another couple all afternoon.. stopped for a late lunch and back home just in time for the Super Bowl... gas light came on as we entered our driveway...

Ive been doing pretty good here in Denver...the rest of this week is all mid 50's and 60's until the weekend. I will have the bike out the entire time.

I still need chaps.

it warmed up here too but it's going to take more then a couple of warm days to get rid of the 2 1/2 feet of snow on the ground. Warm spell is over as of today. More snow on the way tonight

I got out a week ago and managed to put about 80 miles in, last saturday I was off but only managed to get in 20 miles in 52 degree weather before s surprise rain storm.

Back