free website stats program geting on and off...the ride | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

geting on and off...the ride

My motto guzzi battery died and i had to push start it for a week till i could get a battery to fit it had very hi gearing when that engine fired i had to be on very quick or it would be down the road without me. i was younger fitter and faster then Brian

Brian do you still have the MG ? I don't hear much about them anymore here in the states. I would assume they are still more prevalent on your side of the pond. Back in the mid to late 1960's Moto Guzzi's and the BMW touring models were all over the motorcycle magazines.

Those two WERE the touring bikes back then for people that traveled long extended trips. They both had the 180 degree engines and did not look that stylish (to me) but they had a sense of functionality that grew on you and made you wish you had one for traveling. Some of mag pics made them something akin to a 2 wheeled Land Rover, going many places off the paved roads.

I usually get on the bike from the kickstand side and dismount on the right side. Seems easier to exit stage-right for some reason.

Brian do you still have the MG ? I don't hear much about them anymore here in the states. I would assume they are still more prevalent on your side of the pond. Back in the mid to late 1960's Moto Guzzi's and the BMW touring models were all over the motorcycle magazines.

Those two WERE the touring bikes back then for people that traveled long extended trips. They both had the 180 degree engines and did not look that stylish (to me) but they had a sense of functionality that grew on you and made you wish you had one for traveling. Some of mag pics made them something akin to a 2 wheeled Land Rover, going many places off the paved roads.

Mg was part of rover group which went bust a few years ago and the name etc was bought by a company in china
The current owners of the mg name are going to manufacture parts in china and send them to the UK to be assembled here in one of the old rover plants
My guzzi was a le mans mkII which was the sporting motorcycle in 1980 there was not much that would go faster
Moto Guzzi Le Mans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Brian

Mostly the left side but sometimes on and off on the right side left side puts me away from traffic if at the side of the road

Brian

I'm glad to hear That.... Now you are back to NORMAL in my mind.....
I often wondered Why your bike Faces the USA's Wrong Direction in your Great Photos, Dummy Me... Left side riding.. That would get tough to change for My Thinking...

I use Either Side.. To Mount and Dismount, depending on a few things.

I Run a pre-check Mentally and Physically Just thinking ahead of which Boot feels like it can make it "Over the Beast", without leaving Heel or Boot marks on the bags..:newsmile108:

Some days I do good and some days out comes the Polish Rag (pledge)...

signed....BUBBIE

I am still practicing.

Head out the window from the second floor.
Whistle
She fires up
Rolls out
I leap.
BANG, Mounted and ready to roll.

Back