free website stats program Get some good sound | Harley Davidson Forums

Get some good sound

hdlover

Hi

My friend have 2006 v-rod night rod, he was trying to get some good sound out of my bike but cheap any sugestions?

HDLover

Save your money. You want cheap, you'll get what you pay for. Best option in my book, get Reinhart pipes. They're about 800.00

Hi hdlover,

I went with the CFR pipes, power commander and k&n high flow filter. It runs great, fast as hell, and sounds great. Everyone who has heard it says it is the best sounding V-rod they have ever heard and now have a couple of people considering getting one. The CFR's are about 589.

Boabs

You can drill out the exhaust, for a temp fix, but you get what you pay for. Yes it is louder which is nice but you will lose pwr. Some say you dont but according to the dyno, you lose about 5-10 hp. Good luck.

Babella

You can drill out the exhaust, for a temp fix, but you get what you pay for. Yes it is louder which is nice but you will lose pwr. Some say you dont but according to the dyno, you lose about 5-10 hp. Good luck.

Babella
What? You're nuts! A better breathing engine performs better! Stock exhaust aren't designed with performance in mind, but noise emissions.

Drill out your exhaust baffles, you'll notice a bump in power and sound.

Hi Crew

pipecity.com is an awesome website for my mates in US. you can search by model, year then manufacturer, of which there are plenty!!!

There are some fat new pipes on the market, ones where you can even change your 'noise emission' on the road...wow!

From everything I've researched, K&N air filter and just about any aftermarket pipe will give the best results. Of corse there is also the engine tuning following these mods. PowerCommander. K&N. Vance and Hines blahblahbhakl.......Anyone got any good news stories on these or others????

Snake

Oh yeah, we are into Autumn (fall) here and are expecting 37oC here tomorrow!! no ice in sight......I just don't have my bike yet!!!!:(

I'm not wealthy,...so on every harley I've had,...I 've drilled out the baffles.
My latest is a 05 road king. i cut the three welds holding the baffle assy in with a dremmel tool. Took a broom handle,..and beat out the baffle from the engine side(with pipes removed of course). Then we've always drilled a 1/4" hole underneath the rear of the pipes. Weld a 1/4" washer on the bolt so that you get some backpressure on the valves. Sounds great,..and Loud. Ya can always put baffles back in if ya gotta get it inspected.

Crawdaddy

Back