free website stats program Get rid of Turn Signal Module. | Harley Davidson Forums

Get rid of Turn Signal Module.

Freddy2081

My TSM went bad, I know for a fact it did, went I changed the handlebars the wire shorted and it didn't work ever since.
That was about 2 years ago, and I survived with no turn signals for that long.
Now I was doing some research and found out that it is possible to substitute the turn signal module with a simple relay, which would give you the difference to have to hold down the switch to operate the turn signals, which would be great!

What I couldn't find is how to practically do it. An explanation from somebody that did that, or even better a wiring diagram would be awesome.
The bike is a 1988 FLSTC.

Badlands makes a auto canceler. It will turn the signal off in 8 or 11 seconds. They have several different applications, depending on what you want. They come with wiring instructions. They allow you to push/release the turn button which auto latches the blinking system for approx. 11 sec.. If you want cheaper you can wire in a flasher for the turn signals, but you will have to hold the button to get the blinking. Once button released the turn signal goes off.
tourbox

Badlands makes a auto canceler. It will turn the signal off in 8 or 11 seconds. They have several different applications, depending on what you want. They come with wiring instructions. They allow you to push/release the turn button which auto latches the blinking system for approx. 11 sec.. If you want cheaper you can wire in a flasher for the turn signals, but you will have to hold the button to get the blinking. Once button released the turn signal goes off.
tourbox

Thank you very much tourbox.
You wouldn't happen to know where can i find a diagram for the last option that you gave me, right??

No I don't have a diagram. Just in my old head. On a 2 wire flasher,electronic or mechanical, hook 12vdc to one post. Tie 2 wires,1 each, from the turn buttons to the other post. The button has 2 wires to it,supply voltage and load. You can take 1 wire from each button and tie them together at the 2nd. post of the flasher. When you push the button voltage from the flasher goes thru the button to the turn signal bulbs(LOAD) for the side you pressed. Usually the Violet wires are the left side blinkers and the Brown is the right side. You should be able to find those wires on your old TSM or coming out of the handle bar switches. You can tie the LOAD side of the switch anywhere on the wires to the blinkers themselves,front or rear harness. It will make both F&R work.
tourbox

No I don't have a diagram. Just in my old head. On a 2 wire flasher,electronic or mechanical, hook 12vdc to one post. Tie 2 wires,1 each, from the turn buttons to the other post. The button has 2 wires to it,supply voltage and load. You can take 1 wire from each button and tie them together at the 2nd. post of the flasher. When you push the button voltage from the flasher goes thru the button to the turn signal bulbs(LOAD) for the side you pressed. Usually the Violet wires are the left side blinkers and the Brown is the right side. You should be able to find those wires on your old TSM or coming out of the handle bar switches. You can tie the LOAD side of the switch anywhere on the wires to the blinkers themselves,front or rear harness. It will make both F&R work.
tourbox
Great, I'll try, hopefully won't set the bike on fire... LOL

Back