free website stats program Get real | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Get real

I have met others from the fourm. And rode with them.
As for the term BRO. Have no use for it just another modern day slang I do not care for.

Smitty if memory serves me (which sometimes it doesn't) seems like the term Bro originated many many yrs ago with the African Americans. I remember when I was in the Army (in 1970) they addressed each other as bro or the elongated terminology as soul brother. Then as you stated it seems to have come back again in recent years with all different cultures of folks.

When I was in the Army it was also comtemporary to address someone of your rank as 'Top' or at least when your were first seargent of a company. The CO (if he held the rank of Captian) was called the 'Old Man'. Was that still the accepted practice in years later on ?

Yep, you guys can call me sis, broet, and even chick if it's done correctly. But Brian is the only one who can call me quine. You have to know what it means to call me that. :p

Yep, you guys can call me sis, broet, and even chick if it's done correctly. But Brian is the only one who can call me quine. You have to know what it means to call me that. :p

Nah I have no idea what that is nor do I want to:newsmile100: I get in enough trouble as it is so I will stick with JOY:p

Nah I have no idea what that is nor do I want to:newsmile100: I get in enough trouble as it is so I will stick with JOY:p

I would say Joy is a good fit, but since this thread deals with what you would call someone you respect and go to sit down with and have a conversation, we at least need a respecful term for our female mod. Any suggestions? How about first lady

Back