free website stats program Get Alarm code, but dont have Alarm | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Get Alarm code, but dont have Alarm

The code 31 is alarm low. And you do have a TSM. Strange problem indeed because what you have seems almost impossible, but it's for real. It's just so strange that a TSM can post a code for a TSSM when it is configured to be a TSM..

Could it be possible that at one time the bike did have a TSSM in it and the ECM was married to it. Then someone replaced the TSSM with a TSM and the ECM still thinks there is a TSSM installed in the bike.? Maybe try a re-marry.

Can you tell that I am reaching?:)

i thought you were needing a wiring schematics for a 2001 softtail efi and my service manual had that .sorry i could be more help

Thats ok, Ive been reaching for so long my arms hurt. LOL

I don't think it ever had a TSSM.
My code reader is getting this code from the TSM not the ECM.
The ECM is clear of all codes.

I don't think it ever had a TSSM.
My code reader is getting this code from the TSM not the ECM.

That would make the problem point more & more to your TSM just being bad. But if you believe that, it would also mean a standard TSM is loaded with the same firmware/microcode as a TSSM and the difference in internal hardware components, does not allow TSSM DTC's to post from a standard TSM. I guess it's possible.

Both Delphi & the Moco don't release info about the firmware and microcode that is loaded to these devices. I am sure some of it leaks to the public & others have reversed engineered it but I never have come across any myself.
I really don't know. At this point I would probably just invest $100 in a new TSM and see what happens.
What are you thinking the root cause could be?

I think it must be the TSM.
I think I will get a TSSM and install.
I would like to have a security system any way.
I will post when I get one to let know if this resolves
the problem.

Back