free website stats program Get a grip!!! | Harley Davidson Forums

Get a grip!!!

Carpfish

Alright, I had shoulder surgery back in December and have limited mobility in my shoulder so my factory-stock Night Train bars have got to go. I'm replacing them with the Street Slammers because they put a little less strain on my shoulder but yet they still have a custom look. I have the Flames grips on my current bars, but I want to change them out to the Narrow Band Billet Style Hand Grips (Product ID: 56443-00A). While it seems minor, grips can change the ride a bit. I can't really find anything where folks talks about grips and their experiences (good and bad). I like the Flames grips, but the chrome in the flame tips (against the rubber) are a little hard to keep clean. Can you all post your thoughts on billet style grips? For that matter, can you give feedback on your grips? Be sure to include stock number if you have it.

Never liked billet grips, there hard on my hands, my pick of the litter for comfort are Aileron grips.

I have the Street Slammer Bars and really like them, and I agree with Chopper, the Billet Grips are "hard and abrasive" and over time they cause your hands to hurt and you end up replacing gloves more often. Cushioned grips like Aileron, HD custom cushioned grips, Kuryakyn or other aftermarket ones would be a better choice.

DSCN0788-1.jpg

I have the Street Slammer Bars and really like them, and I agree with Chopper, the Billet Grips are "hard and abrasive" and over time they cause your hands to hurt and you end up replacing gloves more often. Cushioned grips like Aileron, HD custom cushioned grips, Kuryakyn or other aftermarket ones would be a better choice.

DSCN0788-1.jpg

Got to agree here, I like rubber over steel all day long, I had the old stle vintage HD rubber grips on my last Bagger, way comfortable even without gloves

I have the stock grips. They seem to work just fine for me. Sturdy, not slippery, am I missing something?
WAP.gif

Nothing wrong with stock grips, the beefier rubber ones handle a lot more vibration and make longer rides easier on the hands and shoulders

I used to be the guy that said "that's my bike over there, the one with stock grips". :p They always felt good to me, and the throttle rocker, which I REALLY like fit well on them. I got a set of Kury. ISO grips as a gift, so far ok, we'll see what they are like in the hot sun. I was QUITE disappointed to find that the throttle "boss" on the iso grips is NOT easily adjustable. I thought the knurled trim ring was for adjusting, but there's 4 allen screws that need to be loosened.

Agree with Breeze3at, the Küryakyn ISO Grips are comfortable, but their version of the integral throttle Boss portion is rather small and with the 4 Allen screws are "inconvenient" to adjust. They do look "trick" in chrome, knurling, and Allen set screw setup, then the more functional but rather "cheesy" looking plastic snap on throttle Boss though the chrome one I have not seen yet. But if you add to the Küryakyn grip helmet lock on the opposite end, it adds even more convenience...:D

Back