free website stats program "Get a grip" grips? | Harley Davidson Forums

"Get a grip" grips?

ahern25

Has anyone installed the new "Get a grip" grips from HD? Im thinking about a new set of grips. I have the ISO grips for the last year and have noticed my right hand gets numb after about 80 miles+. Was looking into these grips or maybe Avon contour grips. They look the same and trying to compare. 09 FLHR with fly-by-wire. Thanks.

I had the 'Get-a-Grip' grips installed on my Heritage a few weeks ago during the 1000mi service. The only reason I swithced from stock was purely cosmetic...I liked the way the end caps were chrome. I like a "little" chrome but not the style grips that have chrome where you put your hands. So the get-a-grip style fit the bill. When they finished the install I was immediatley impressed with the look, so mission accomplished. Now for the best part. The feel of the natural curved grips are very comfortable and provide a nice gripping sevice as well. I am 5' 9" or so, with normal size hands for my height (size medium gloves). If you are used to the ISO grips that have the throttle flange on the end, you will be quite suprised that with the get-a-grips, you won't miss it. The gripping surface is that good, but without being hard or uncomfortable.

One more thing of interst, I had been seriously considering getting either a new seat or maybe handle bar risers, or new bars because after a lengthy ride I would notice that my back (between my shoulder blades) would ache. I figured that it was either my sitting position or reach that was causing this pain. I had the service done at a dealership that is exactly 88.6 miles away, my garage to their garage, and when I got home I noticed my shoulders/back was not aching. Not wanting to look a gift horse in the mouth, I didn't think too much about it. I have now went on two different rides of over 120 mile each without stopping (which should have easily provoked my aching back), and no pain! I am not sure if it's the grips or a miracle, but, the only thing that has changed is the oil and the grips...and I am quite certain the Mobil 1 had nothing to do with it. I hope this helps.

Back