free website stats program Gerbings heated gear | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Gerbings heated gear

My wife bought me the gloves and jacket liner two years ago. They allow me to ride in Virginia pretty much year round. For those that really consider themselves riders....these are a must (in my opinion).

I just saw a guy on his Electra Glide today as we were heading back from the HD dealership to redeem my $100.00 gift card from Christmas. The temperature here in Massachusetts was 26 degrees at the time and he was cruising along. It made me wonder if he had heated gear on or not. I'm thinking that he did.

I have the G3 gloves jacket liner and socks the only thing that keeps me off the road is snow and salt.

Now that I have the gloves the coldest part on me is now my feet. I am debating between the socks and the insoles. The thing that concerns me about the socks is the amount of washing you would have to do. If you ride every day then who wants to do laundry everyday as well. I wondered how the socks would hold up to repeated washings. Are they machine washable? Seems like the insoles would be virtually maintenance free and they are less expensive as well. Any thoughts?

I have the Gerbing heated jacket with the built in wires for the gloves and the dual temp controller. All from H.D. Now I want to make a solid mounting bracket for the female end coming from my battery. I do not want the pigtail hanging around like a loose wire with no place to be. Besides the Gerbing site, (they do not stock these to Canada for some crazy reason) has anyone out there seen a kit that has a female connector with a bracket of some kind? Not the BMW style either please. Thanks

Now that I have the gloves the coldest part on me is now my feet. I am debating between the socks and the insoles. The thing that concerns me about the socks is the amount of washing you would have to do. If you ride every day then who wants to do laundry everyday as well. I wondered how the socks would hold up to repeated washings. Are they machine washable? Seems like the insoles would be virtually maintenance free and they are less expensive as well. Any thoughts?
I have copied below Gerbins return policy for you. It seems pretty comprehensive. I'd be satisfied with it. But of you are concerned about repeated washing you may want to try this. Purchase a pair of thin liner socks at Eastern Mountain Sports or similar outdoor apparel shop and wear them underneath your heated socks. Let them take the brunt of the odor. At the end of the riding day, air out your socks on the line to freshen them up a bit. Then wash them afterwards as needed. You could also buy a pair of Odor Eaters and place them in the bottom of your riding boots in addition to putting foot powder on your feet beforehand. All of these things ought to mitigate the foot odor and give you longer intervals between washings. Of course you could just toss 'em in the wash at the end of the day and see how they hold up.:p If they fail, then hold Gerbins to their Lifetime Warranty.

About our LIFETIME warranty on the heating elements

Some people who are new to our heated clothing naturally worry about how well the heating elements will wear over time. No matter how often you crumple your heated clothing to fit in a stuff sack, no matter how many years you own your heated clothing, we are confident that our heating system will continue to function flawlessly. How confident? The answer is a lifetime. To quote from our warranty card:

Don't forget to go online to Gerbing's website to register your warranty when you buy the heated gear,or years down the road if something does happen there will be no record of the purchase.It is up to the purchaser to do this.Not the retailer.

This bit of advice is priceless. I can't tell you how many times in the past that I discarded the registration forms of the products that I have bought. Live and learn!

Back