free website stats program Gerbings heated gear | Harley Davidson Forums

Gerbings heated gear

Dswartz

My wife spoiled me this year and got me a pair of Gerbings G3 gloves, and a temp controller for christmas. I had been casually looking at them but really didnt want to spend that much money on gloves. However, I am completely blown away with how nice they are. Most of my winter rides have been a short 20-30 mile ride around town. After that my hands are frozen and I cant move them. However, I went out for over one hundred miles yesterday at highway speeds and my hands never got cold. I could have kept riding except the rest of me was cold instead of my hands! For anybody considering heated gear I would strongly recommend Gerbings. There is a lifetime warranty on the heated elements and the quality is superior. I would say they are worth every penny and now I cant wait to buy more of their clothing.

After over 20 years of putting the bike away around October, November( N. E. NY) this year I started with the gloves and jacket liner. I just added the socks. WOW, extended my riding season into December and with traction I could ride year round. I haven't even put the windshield on my Road King. Riding in the cold weather is great when warm and toasty. As many others have said " wish I had gotten heated gear sooner". Enjoy !!

I bought some of their heated gloves last month and absolutely love them. I would like to get a heated jacket liner from them too, but living in Dallas, Texas, it's hard to justify spending too much on heated gear. But I think between the jacket liner and gloves, I'll be set. Chaps and the lower fairings do a good enough job keeping my legs warm.

After over 20 years of putting the bike away around October, November( N. E. NY) this year I started with the gloves and jacket liner. I just added the socks. WOW, extended my riding season into December and with traction I could ride year round. I haven't even put the windshield on my Road King. Riding in the cold weather is great when warm and toasty. As many others have said " wish I had gotten heated gear sooner". Enjoy !!

I'm surprised you can ride that long in your part of the country, even with heated gear. Cold is one thing but snow is another. I was stationed in Fort Drum for four years so I know all about the snow up there. I felt sorry for my poor wife. During our first year of marriage I was deployed to Iraq and she had to do all the snow removal that year by herself. She might be small but she's tough as nails!

I'm surprised you can ride that long in your part of the country, even with heated gear. Cold is one thing but snow is another. I was stationed in Fort Drum for four years so I know all about the snow up there. I felt sorry for my poor wife. During our first year of marriage I was deployed to Iraq and she had to do all the snow removal that year by herself. She might be small but she's tough as nails!

I have ridden in the low 30's. Hope I'm not to optimistic. Like I said it's a matter of traction. NO SNOW, NO SNOW !!

Aha, Heated Gear , The best part is when i pull next to a cage it's 10 degrees and they ask isn't it too cold to ride,
I just say NOPE not yet. :D

I love heated gear. I was told it would extend my riding season by two months, which around these parts is now year round. I love that question about too cold. Often I just show the wires hanging from my waist. I showed my jacket & pants to a shivering flagging lady, I thought she was gonna kiss me. lol I want to make my own when this gear packs in. My jacket is on season 3 and used very often, is still going strong.
This is a cool little handy/help for homemade heated clothing.

Home Made Heated Clothing - Make Electric Clothing

I have the G3 gloves jacket liner and socks the only thing that keeps me off the road is snow and salt.

Back