free website stats program Gerbing Heated Gloves wires? | Harley Davidson Forums

Gerbing Heated Gloves wires?

Just got my Gerbing gloves. Have the wiring harness connected, but am trying to find the best way to run the wires to the gloves. I have a single controller. I have the wires going down the sleeves, but there is a lot of excess wires that hang out from the bottom of the jacket. I's sure there is no easy way, but what seems to be the best? Thanks for any suggestions!

I leave the extra wire inside my jacket. I have the pig tail coming out the front of the seat by the gas tank. I have the on off switch sticking out the bottom of my jacket when I zip it up and the rest of the wire is up inside my jacket. The wire inside my jacket is in a big "S" shape I guess is the best way to discribe it. I think if you tried to bunch it up or push in up into your jacket after zipping it up it would be uncomfortable. The way I do it I don't really even notice the wire.

I hasn't gotten cold enough here in Virginia to plug in yet, but I did pull the pig tail out from under the seat last week so it is ready when it does get a little cooler.

Just got my Gerbing gloves. Have the wiring harness connected, but am trying to find the best way to run the wires to the gloves. I have a single controller. I have the wires going down the sleeves, but there is a lot of excess wires that hang out from the bottom of the jacket. I's sure there is no easy way, but what seems to be the best? Thanks for any suggestions!

I run the wires the way you do and just keep the excess wire under my jacket. Would be nice if the wires were shorter though. They're long enough for a gorilla's arms.

Went for a ride yesterday to try the gloves out (39 degrees). Worked great. I ended up running the glove wires down the sleeves and ran the connector through the coat hook on the inside of the collar in the back. I then hooked the temperature controller up the the glove wires. This took up almost all of the slack wire. The pig tail from the battery comes out under the front of my seat, and the controller rests on my lap with the wire wedged between the seat and gas tank. Worked pretty good. The controller did not move or flop around. Thanks for the suggestions.

When I ride with just the gloves and no controller I wrap the excess wire around my belt on the front left side, still loving all my gerbings stuff (and I have it all) after 1 year.

I had the G3 gloves too and what I found worked well was to make a rather large coil from the excess wire and use some electrical tape to keep it together and it stayed put inside my jacket between the liner and jacket. I also made snaps M & FM to attach the plugs to the snaps on my jacket cuffs too, worked out well.

Where's Jack, maybe he could snap a pic of these :D

Hey Glider, aren't you afraid you will magnetize your arms with those coils? hahahahaha

Actually, I did the same thing and it works well.

Back