free website stats program Genuine HD parts?? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Genuine HD parts??

I know of a few very respectable and legitiment people who deal with HD parts on ebay if you want more info. I can connet you with them. I'm not affiliated with them personally other than getting good products at good prices.

Need to jump on the buy American band wagon here. In 2003 my employer bought me a pair of Red Wing Boots.
I was really suprised when I looked inside and saw the Made in the USA tag on the inside of the tounge. Those steel toed boots really got a work out. They were comfortable and really wore well. Wore them almost every day for almost 6 years (work and riding).
Had to get a replacement pair when I finally wore the soles down far enough that they started to leak. Asked my employer to purchase another pair ( Didn't know this was a company policy) as I am supposed to get one pair of safety shoes a year.
They balked as they were $38.00 over the allowance for safety shoes. Gladly paid the difference out of my pocket and will do the same this year, hopefully helping to keep Red Wings manufacturing this great product here.
I was so impressed with the boots that I picked up a pair of Red Wing gauntlet motorcycle gloves while I was at the store. Great gloves by the way.
Be careful on the new Red Wings, they do have some that at least were made in China, and I can vouch that the made in China boots did not hold up like the ones made in USA. :( They may have went back to USA only though, I'm not in the field any more so I don't buy the boots. I did get my new pair every year so I'm in good shape for boots for some time now. :D Red Win owns Vasque and the Vasque boots that were made in Italy held up WAY better than the ones made in China. :(

Be sure to check the tags on the boots. :s

Be careful on the new Red Wings, they do have some that at least were made in China, and I can vouch that the made in China boots did not hold up like the ones made in USA. :( They may have went back to USA only though, I'm not in the field any more so I don't buy the boots. I did get my new pair every year so I'm in good shape for boots for some time now. :D Red Win owns Vasque and the Vasque boots that were made in Italy held up WAY better than the ones made in China. :(

Be sure to check the tags on the boots. :s

It's true that Red Wing does sell chinese boots too. One can usually tell by the way the sole is made and price. A good dealer will point out the chinese ones to you. They do not last. I have had one pair of USA made since 1988 and they have been resoled countless times by Red Wing. Keep them oiled and they last a long long time. Most comfortable boot out of the box I have ever put on my feet. Wear them almost everyday (different pairs). Worth every penny they cost IMO.

Bodeen

Yeah I bought a new leather jacket from HD last weekend. It had an American flag inside and said "Made in America" I did not notice until I got home that in smaller print it said "from imported leather".

I guess we don't have cheap enough leather here that they can make a jacket to sell for $475.00.

Yeah I bought a new leather jacket from HD last weekend. It had an American flag inside and said "Made in America" I did not notice until I got home that in smaller print it said "from imported leather".

I guess we don't have cheap enough leather here that they can make a jacket to sell for $475.00.

I think you were fortunate to find one that was even "made in the USA" from any kind of leather. I look from time to time and I never see an HD jacket in an HD dealership that is made in the USA.
Thats why I bought from Fox Creek.

Bodeen

I think you were fortunate to find one that was even "made in the USA" from any kind of leather. I look from time to time and I never see an HD jacket in an HD dealership that is made in the USA.
Thats why I bought from Fox Creek.

Bodeen

Here is the description from the HD website...

Men's Epic Leather Jacket

IN-STORE PURCHASE ONLY Contact dealer for availability

Midweight leather jacket with poly-mesh lining, zipper front, and snap-tab mandarin collar. Two front intake vents and one horizontal back exit vent to keep you cool while riding. Body armor pockets at elbows and shoulders fit lightweight body armor available in FXRG®. Complete with action back, pre-curved sleeves, and zipper cuffs. Two zipper hand-warmer pockets and two zipper chest pockets. Interior pocket system has two zipper pockets, one horizontal pocket, one media player pocket, and one eyewear pocket. 3M™ Scotchlite™ Reflective Material piping down front and back of arms for superior visibility. Embroidered graphics on left chest and back. Made in the USA of imported materials.

98010-10VM

MSRP US $475.00 - US $515.00 per size and/or color

Here is the description from the HD website...

Men's Epic Leather Jacket

IN-STORE PURCHASE ONLY Contact dealer for availability

Midweight leather jacket with poly-mesh lining, zipper front, and snap-tab mandarin collar. Two front intake vents and one horizontal back exit vent to keep you cool while riding. Body armor pockets at elbows and shoulders fit lightweight body armor available in FXRG®. Complete with action back, pre-curved sleeves, and zipper cuffs. Two zipper hand-warmer pockets and two zipper chest pockets. Interior pocket system has two zipper pockets, one horizontal pocket, one media player pocket, and one eyewear pocket. 3M™ Scotchlite™ Reflective Material piping down front and back of arms for superior visibility. Embroidered graphics on left chest and back. Made in the USA of imported materials.

98010-10VM

MSRP US $475.00 - US $515.00 per size and/or color

Wow, thats news to me. I thought there was nothing left in the dealership as far as "motor clothes" goes that wasnt some sort of off shore garbage. Sure got an HD price on it though, ouch!
I never by another leather jacket unless its from Fox Creek or the like. Quality, craftsmanship, and customer service are first rate.

Thanks for sharing,

Bodeen

Back