free website stats program Genuine HD parts?? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Genuine HD parts??

Ya know, when I opened this thread I guess I was a bit naive about "Harley stuff". I shouldn't have been. Was thinking Genuine Harley was U.S. made but I was wrong. Will have to live with what's out there I guess. Thanks for the wakeup call folks! I still find it very sad and where will it all end?? We gotta get back to rebuilding our industrial base but I doubt we will. Doug

It is like most things purchased in America today. The part(s) were designed and engineered in the U.S. and that info is sent to a manufacturer (China) to make. So 50% from design and engineering to manufacture was 50% U.S. One way to look at it I guess.

Good point Ruby. We HAVE what it takes to get the job done. Very smart bunch of folks here in North America. (Don't want to leave out our Canadian friends with our arrogance of always saying "America" meaning only the U.S.).
BUT, we should also be smart enough to know this way of doing business can't last forever.....

Ya know, when I opened this thread I guess I was a bit naive about "Harley stuff". I shouldn't have been. Was thinking Genuine Harley was U.S. made but I was wrong. Will have to live with what's out there I guess. Thanks for the wakeup call folks! I still find it very sad and where will it all end?? We gotta get back to rebuilding our industrial base but I doubt we will. Doug

Oh dont give up! Thats why we got here to begin with. If you want USA parts , hunt them down. It worth it.
If everybody would do that and quit just buying what Walmart sells we'd be better off.
I always say, at least give me a choice between USA made and chinese. Let me make the choice to spend twice as much.

Bodeen

ask.
You can even buy a coffee maker made in the US it is called a Bunn and they are amazing cost a bit more but well worth it in the long run I have two.

One of my sisters drinks coffee from the time she gets out of bed until the time she goes back to bed and says(tung in cheek I hope)that her Bunn is her most prized possession and she would change husbands before she would change coffee makers..

Mosy know I support HD parts and service over the rest most of the time.
Were I step away from HD is here. If you can find a quality part made in the US then buy it and the heck with HD's China made stuff.
I buy Oil , tires and every thing else for my rides that are made in the US. In many cases it can be done but you have to do your home work.
Two years ago we built my sons house while he was deployed with some effort all of the products used in the house were made in the US. It was not easy and meant firing a couple sub contractors that did not want to go along with the requirement but it can be done.
Parts for your bike. There are small shops that turn custom pegs and other parts you just need to look around and ask.
You can even buy a coffee maker made in the US it is called a Bunn and they are amazing cost a bit more but well worth it in the long run I have two.

I couldnt agree more, Smitty. It does take some extra work but worth it IMO.

Bodeen

Yup, gonna start walkin' the walk and hunt OUR stuff down. If we would all do that, the economy would flourish. I understand the temptation to buy something from China for half of what we make it for and I've done that myself. I'd just as soon pay MORE for quality and to keep us afloat.

The Infantry leads the way....that the Artillery cleared for them.:s
There ya go Smitty.:tounge

Made in USA is worth searching for keeping things close to home...BUT...there are also good manufacturers be it Japan, Korea, Taiwan and don't forget our friends in Canada, England, France, Germany, Italy...the point being discrimination based on geography, is like troubleshooting in the wrong place. You may solve some symptoms, but if the workmanship and quality is there, the solution is still a matter of choice, availability and economics.

Try Chicago Harley-Davidson Genuine Harley-Davidson Parts And Accessories. New and PreOwned Motorcycles They give a 20% discount. When you initially look up the part it will show the MSRP price, but when you select it and add it to your cart it will show the discounted price.

I have heard that Chicago Harley no longer offers 20% but now does 10% instead. They have also be having long delays on shipping non-stock items.

There are several places that offer 20% off either online or over the phone.
Zanotti, Tri-County H-D, and I believe Ronnie'S H-D does also.

Randall

Last edited by a moderator:
Back