free website stats program Genuine Harley-Davidson Signature Series Solo Seat with Rider Backrest | Harley Davidson Forums

Genuine Harley-Davidson Signature Series Solo Seat with Rider Backrest

bikerfishman

Does any one out there have one of these?

I got mine last friday and being as wide as it is 16.5" the front inner corner of the saddle bags press into the seat.

My main concern is paint wear to the lids and possible ripping were it touches the seat.

The only easy fix I can see is to space the bracket out with a few washers on the front bracket for the saddle bags were they lock in.

I am going to call the MOCO and see what they have to say, but if you ask me $500 is a little to much for bad fitment.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 38
  • -J04651.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 9
Can't help you on that. I have a Mustang Solo ($289 with no problems). Hope MOCO can help you out. Is it hard to open your lids with the seat touching?
Here is the Mustang.
232323232%7Ffp%3A8%3A%3Enu%3D3237%3E278%3E746%3EWSNRCG%3D334%3B6874%3B2339nu0mrj

Is there even enough room to get the bag lids open w/o it being a huge battle? Seems to be a bad fit overall...

Well I talked to the customer service people at the MOCO and even though they were promt on answering phone calls they didn't have any information on any problems with that seat, so they told me to take it to a dealer and have them look at it, being monday no dealers are open so I plan on going tomorow.

In the mean time I took maters in my own hands and did some adjusting,
What I ended up with is putting 2 washers behind the front saddle bag lock brackets removing the front 2 rubbers under the bags and readjusting the brackets so the bags sit as far back as they can on the rails, I plan on getting some thin rubber to replace the front rubbers that I took off or possibly useing the old style rubbers that were an the early 90's baggers.

After my fix the bags are away from the seat and are alot easyer to open, before it was a total hassle not to mention the gougeing in the seat.

The MOCO told me too that warrenty on P&A is only 90 days also, thats dissapointing.

Here are the pics the left is before and the right is after.

Attachments

• before.JPG
    before.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 22
  • after.JPG
    after.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 22
Back