free website stats program generator or generator with regulator? | Harley Davidson Forums

generator or generator with regulator?

My generator has two wires coming from inside to the cap where A and F poles are. I first thought there might be a regulator there but I'm not sure it looks like just a generator. Am I correct? It's made by cycle electric.

Any way you could fire the bike up and test it with a multimeter? bump the throttle a few times and see what the voltage does.

well the bike is such a mess i had to rip all the wiring off we tried to fire it up last weekend but solenoid was bad so i ordered that and some other parts. yesterday i took the end cap off of the generator to see if it had three , only found two coming from inside of housing to cap where A and F terminals should be. its going to be awhile before i can fire this thing up if it was raining i would be outside now trying to rewire.

My generator has two wires coming from inside to the cap where A and F poles are. I first thought there might be a regulator there but I'm not sure it looks like just a generator. Am I correct? It's made by cycle electric.

Follow the wires, if the regulator is not built in to the end of the generator it is on the right side of the bike below the battery or on the right side front corner of the crank case Polarizing A Generator - Harley Davidson Community dont forget to check here

thanks for all the advice. i called cycle electric and found out i have a very good generator with built in regulator.so that answers my problem the so called voltage regulator that was installed had been taken apart made into a fuse box. so now all i have to do is find the oem style terminal blocks and im good to go for rewiring this bad boy.I'll let ya know how its going over time. anytime ya want to contact me feel free thanks again.

Back