free website stats program general fatboy question | Harley Davidson Forums

general fatboy question

I have a 06 fatty, was thinking of installing a wider tire, so me and my wife took a ride to local harley dealer and they tried to rape me,7400 and my bike, so i took a further ride to another dealer , my bike is a 06 with low miles, i told them how much i wanted to pay plus my bike for their 2011 fatboy, i never thought they were going to say yes after what the first dealer said,i said 5k and my bike. They took the deal, for a 2011, with factory warantee, 200 rear tire, 6 speed trans, chrome wheels new bike list around 17k thats giving me 12k for my bike, and they are letting me remove my accessories and put my stock stuff back on, am i missing something here. Or is this a no brainer, the only thing they said was this must be done before end of month (4 days) thank you nick (the wider tire would cost around 3k without paint or labor but i would do a 240 tire if i was to do it to my 06)

Sounds Like a great deal to me, but I have not been watching the value of these bikes.

Question: How does the new Fatboy "feel" when you ride her? Balance and rear suspension?

I think my 06 Fatboy rides great, and takes bumps in the road far better than I would expect, and I need to test ride a new Wide tire Fatboy, but I was concerned the fat rear tire low profile would hurt the "ride" (stiffer/ firmer) and the wide tire might hurt the wonderful "balance" of the '06.

I do like the look of the wide rear.

I have the SE fatboy with the 200 rear tire if anything the ride and balance is better. I do a great deal of bike work and have riden a lot of different bikes and the 06 se fatboy is fun to ride.Not sure about the 240 tire, but would think you would have to convert to chain drive because of clearence issues.

It seems like you got your wide tire kit and a bunch more for a little over what you were going to pay for the wide tire kit for the 06. You right its a no brainer. You will never regret the purchase of the 2011. The upgraded motor and trans is reason enough.

thanks dbmg thats what i thought too, but its hard to let go of my o6, but like you said the tire would cost as much as the differance, do you know how the engine was upgradded comparied to 06 thank ill be at dealer on wensday night,

Sounds like a good deal. I don't know how detailed you got on the deal, but be prepared for the $5K difference to change when you get to the bottom line at the table. Their interpretation of the difference is probably "before" adding freight, PDI, document fees, admn. fees, processing fees, shop fees and misc. charges.

Having a bike for any length of time can be tough to part with. But when decision to move on to a new bike has been made from a mechanical-beneficial stand point and not emotional, the new steed quickly falls into the best bike I have ever owned. Then all thats left with the old bike are the memories made.
The 96" motor is great and performance is strong. Take a test ride and you will definitely be sold.

Please don't go by me or take my advise but I look at it with an entire different twist. Looking at it strictly from a technical viewpoint,,,,would I want to jump into the 2011 CAN network system that is on those bikes? Not the 1st year for me in any way, shape, or form.

If you do score the bike, having a Great dealership that is local and knows what they are doing will now be a must.

Other than that it sounds like a sweet deal.

Back