free website stats program gen 4 question | Harley Davidson Forums

gen 4 question

cool breeze

on the new gen 4 i noticed connectors for the stock 02 censors and i guess the wide band one will it work without the stock 02 censors on my 08 eg tru duals no rear 02 port but i do have front port am running old style tfi with 02 bypasses:bigsmiley23:

sorry about the 2 part question will the gen4 be available with a black face white needle gauge

Last edited by a moderator:
It will work without the connection to the stock O2 connector, but we highly recommend plugging it in because it improves the overall function by keeping the fuel trims more stable.

We do have a black faceplate available. We also have a chrome bezel available. And we can do a white needle. We are trying to cover all the components to match the stock gauges on the Harley.

Since we are wishing here, it would be great if you guys could come up with a dual gauge for say AFR and Vdc split top and bottom or left and right. I have already replaced the useless air temp gauge with oil temp and like having that. So I have no "extra" spots on my dash. The alternative would be a self-contained water proof bar mounted gauge, or something I could mount on the top of the dash somewhere.

Ideas?

TQ

We are recommending to replace the air temp gauge which is found useless by most people.

We are trying to determine the best handle bar mounting bracket which still looks good on a Harley for applications where we can not replace an existing gauge.

IF and when I get my gen4,,,,, I will Duct-tape the gauge "on" my Road King handlebar and that should hold until you get a nice Handlebar gauge-install :D :newsmile026:

signed....BUBBIE

I like TQ idea of a split gauge I to have the oil temp and like it how about a fuel level and afr combination one glance check lvl and how your burning it:newsmile057:

Keep in mind when you're looking at the gauge and fiddeling with the mode pods on the TFI you are taking your eyes off the road so be careful . That's one reason I wouldn't want one .

Back