free website stats program GEN 4 Product Release | Harley Davidson Forums

GEN 4 Product Release

DobeckTechSupport

Product Contributor
The wait is over at least for some. Test evaluations have all come back at 100% positive. Production processes are being finalized and we will be shipping GEN 4 units beginning on August 15th. First GEN 4 units being released are only for 2009 and older HD Touring bikes. We will be releasing GEN 4 for all Harley bikes as soon as we can. For the 2010 and newer Touring bikes we still need to finalize using the stock O2 sensor input within our system and for all other Harley bikes we would like to come up with a better mounting solution for the gauge.

What is GEN 4?
The new GEN 4 by Dobeck Performance brings together two technologies within one system to make it the most powerful, user-friendly tuning device on the market. GEN 4 combines an EFI controller with a wideband O2 sensor and AFR gauge to provide a user instant fuel trimming ability and feedback about their vehicle’s tuning operation.

WHY BUY THE GEN 4?
Have you ever wondered about how your engine is performing? Even on a stock vehicle you can make improvements to the fuel map and then the majority of us purchase more after-market products to increase performance, fuel mileage, etc. You may purchase an EFI system with a dyno tune-up to correct the fueling, but the question remains at what point when you are driving on the road do you know your engine is running properly? The GEN 4 unit offers this feedback through its AFR gauge, but unlike other AFR gauge kits the GEN 4 also allows you to trim the fuel map as needed.

THE REAL REASON
Whether you own a stock bike, a heavily modified bike, have
purchased an EFI system, or have paid for a dyno tune-up the
fact still remains you don’t know the quality of your fuel map.

AND THE BIG KICKER FOR THE UNIT...WE ARE OFFERING THE GEN 4 UNIT AT AN INITIAL PRICE OF $300!!!!!

Attachments

• GEN4_Kit_final.jpg
    GEN4_Kit_final.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 179
  • GEN4_gauge_black.jpg
    GEN4_gauge_black.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 155
  • WidebandController_final.jpg
    WidebandController_final.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 166
It looks like a great unit and a great price too for all it does.

Good luck with the new product.:s

Excellent.

For those of us with older units without O2 sensors, is the only mod we need to make having a hole poked in the pipes and welding a nut on the pipe to screw the wide-band O2 into? If so, where should the sensors be mounted on the pipes (distance from head, approx. location on pipe, etc.)? And are the O2 sensors 1/2-13 thread?

TQ

TQuentin1,

Yes, if your pipes do not already have the correct bung then you will need to weld one in place. We are using a Bosch O2 sensor which has thread specs of M18 x 1.5.

Placement of the O2 sensors does have a large impact especially just on the sensor life span. We'll get this all documented and post pics asap.

Yep, paying very close attention here. I have the GEN 3 already but willing to try the Gen 4 on my 2006 Ultra. What catches my eye is the gauge that lets you know what is going on.

A little personal input on the GEN 4, I'm SOLD! Three of my customers were test pilots for the new GEN 4 and two of them won't shut up about it and the third won't stop riding long enought to say anything, he just smiles as he rides by. I'm a hard sell when it comes to hardware or anything piggy backed on a EFI system as most of you might know, but these guys love the way their bikes run now, and one was even dyno tuned with a SERT before the GEN 4 install.
Here's a couple of their comments out of their own mouth.

The Gen 4 is Great!!! At 80 + it is doing 48 MPG & It will RUN THANKS !!!

The part I like is the "roll-on" acceleration. Made a huge difference in passing. Don't care as much about mileage.

These were comments they wrote Mark on face book thanking him for the GEN 4, or maybe I should say thanking him for great running bikes.

I agree with Chop! I too am sold! I have one the early GEN4 Beta units on my 09 FLHTC. Mark Dobeck installed one on my bike in early April. I think Mark asked me to Beta a unit because unlike Chop I’m so non-technical. He figures that if he can get me to understand it and make it work… well you get the picture.

What I really like about this product is if I make any mods to my Bike I don’t have to have the bike remapped. So the same day Dobeck installed the GEN 4 Beta Unit, I added V&H Double Slash Rounds and a Screamin Eagle Breather Kit. While I wouldn’t say the Bike ran awesome that day… It did run. Mark asked me to ride and observe and report back to him what it was doing. Over the course of the summer I’ve uploaded multiple program updates and my Bike Runs awesome!

One of Marks Goals is too increase mileage in the Harley Touring Bikes! I’m sure we all would like to see that. He currently is looking at Bikes Pulling Trailers/Campers and Trikes. (Their mileage suffers greatly) I maybe speaking out of school, but I heard of a trike conversion who has seen an increase in the double digit range.

Mark Dobeck is currently in Cental Wisconsin with his Bus and Portable Lab/Shop. I also know for a Fact that Mark will be at the Tomahawk Fall Ride ( Official Web Site of the 2011 Tomahawk Fall Ride) He has rented booth space at Bubba's Make sure you come see him!

Here are a few pictures from the GEN4 Beta Mark Dobeck installed on my bike this spring. You can see Dobeck's frustration with why it worked perfectly on his 08 Road Glide but not on my 09 Electraglide.

Attachments

• 238 Summer Regional 2011 018.jpg
    238 Summer Regional 2011 018.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 158
  • 238 Summer Regional 2011 024.jpg
    238 Summer Regional 2011 024.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 151
  • 0423111545a.jpg
    0423111545a.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 166
  • 0506111532.jpg
    0506111532.jpg