free website stats program gen 3 tuner | Harley Davidson Forums

gen 3 tuner

ironmule

got gen 3 tuner should this unit power up with key on? bike wont start shows code p0263.doebeck is gone for weekend. took tank off & have checked all conections & fuses . still nothing? could sure use some help this is getting me frustrated.

got gen 3 tuner should this unit power up with key on? bike wont start shows code p0263.doebeck is gone for weekend. took tank off & have checked all conections & fuses . still nothing? could sure use some help this is getting me frustrated.

I have tfi w/ 4 small rheostats or pots u move w/ small sc/driver its on w/ ing on & 1 ground wire.. hope this helps, gets power through wires gowing to injectors which it interrupts

code po263 rear injector open/low efi I am guessing current is not passing
threw wires properly? no power when key is on.....

code po263 rear injector open/low efi I am guessing current is not passing
threw wires properly? no power when key is on.....

Followed the instructions to the letter during install? Is there a designated "front injector" set of connectors?

Try unplugging and replugging the connectors and make sure they completely snap together with the holder spring. If nothing after this, unplug the GEN III and plug the injector connectors in to see if it lights up. If so, it must be a bad module. At least this will let you ride!

TQ

instructions dont say front or rear injector pins.... so Iooked in police manual got wire colors installed according to that best I could double checked plugs still throws code must be module. dont feel like putting tank back on then draining fuel again....bike ran great prior to this mess owell thanks for the help ride safe.

instructions dont say front or rear injector pins.... so Iooked in police manual got wire colors installed according to that best I could double checked plugs still throws code must be module. dont feel like putting tank back on then draining fuel again....bike ran great prior to this mess owell thanks for the help ride safe.

A friend installed a unit (TFI) into his 2010 Police.. Dobecks had to work with him on RE-Wire to make it work..

? did you order the Right one for the Police bike??? AND was Dobecks aware of the model (police) of your bike?

That may have something to do with it.. Like you said Tuesday will have answers.

signed....BUBBIE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

A friend installed a unit (TFI) into his 2010 Police.. Dobecks had to work with him on RE-Wire to make it work..

? did you order the Right one for the Police bike??? AND was Dobecks aware of the model (police) of your bike?

That may have something to do with it.. Like you said Tuesday will have answers.

signed....BUBBIE

Remembering a little more about the Police bike, and GEN 3 he installed:

This one needed the wires From the TFI to be Placed INTO the plugs that came on the police bike,, Seamed the plug on the TFI would NOT connect the wires enough (police bike connectors are different) so taking out the wires in the Police bike plug and putting the TFI wires into the police bike plugs was needed.. (Total swap)

My buddies Police bike was a 2010 police with a side car, special ordered from HD..

Now don't go do this on MY part... The friend DID NOT tell Dobecks when he ordered the Gen3 it was a police bike, so that may be the problem to start with. Wait and see what Dobecks say... When you find out the REASON Please post back here and let us know. Curious to see if I Might be Right?
Thanks

signed....BUBBIE

Last edited by a moderator:
Remembering a little more about the Police bike, and GEN 3 he installed:

This one needed the wires From the TFI to be Placed INTO the plugs that came on the police bike,, Seamed the plug on the TFI would NOT connect the wires enough (police bike connectors are different) so taking out the wires in the Police bike plug and putting the TFI wires into the police bike plugs was needed.. (Total swap)

My buddies Police bike was a 2010 police with a side car, special ordered from HD..

Now don't go do this on MY part... The friend DID NOT tell Dobecks when he ordered the Gen3 it was a police bike, so that may be the problem to start with. Wait and see what Dobecks say... When you find out the REASON Please post back here and let us know. Curious to see if I Might be Right?
Thanks

signed....BUBBIE
yes I told chris this was the police model he said injector wires were different said he checked with a harley guy & moved the pins to proper spot...? Its looking like its wired
wrong will let you know how it turns out. thanks for sharing knowledge this is a great site!

doebecks sent me a replacement gen 3 tuner. Great company to work with!
roadking preforms very nice with new tuner.

thanks for the help Doebeck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back