free website stats program Gen 3 today | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Gen 3 today

Did you get the TFI or the EJK??? Just got off the phone with tech support at Dobeck and it sounds like the TFI is for older model bikes and the newer bikes take the EJK. The Gen3.5 can subtract fuel as well as add it, but I don't need to subtract any, so the Gen3 is the hot ticket. And the Gen4 is not available to the public yet. He also said the EJK model I need for my bike will have me disconnect the O2 sensors completely. Any thoughts on doing that??? I thought I needed the O2 sensors, but he assured me I don't.

gen 3 ejk .. The o2 sensors are used as a monitor .. if the exhaust doesn't meet specs , it will start giving you a code on the bike .. Not used in controlling (as I was Told ) just for monitoring .. If you get the unit that says with bypass , it does the exact same thing as the unit that has the wiring to plug into oxygen sensors . you just don't have to route the extra wires. both send a signal back to the computer telling it the oxygen is within range so you don't get any codes ;;;;;... Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong anyone :D

An update after riding for a couple hundred mile '

fuel mileage averaging aroung 35 mpg
power is awesome and will pull hard in every gear .
there is no , I repeat absolutely no decel popping in any gear and in any situation that I have tried to throw at it . i ran the rpm's up to 4800 and dumped the throttle . No decel popping at all .I might try to tweak the mileage a little bit but they nailed the settings for my bike .. You rock Dobeck !!!1 :D

Mark; you'll get the MPG up over 40+ if you reduce your "cruise" fuel .5 (green/mode-1) and "accel switch point" down .5 as well (yellow/blue/mode-6). Then your final settings will be:

- GRN-3
- YLW-2
- RED-2
-GRN/BLU-.5
-YLW/BLU-3.5
-RED/BLU-4.5

You're right where I was @ stock settings (34-36 MPG) and after swapping these two settings I'm back to 44-45 MPG. Enjoy!

Mark; you'll get the MPG up over 40+ if you reduce your "cruise" fuel .5 (green/mode-1) and "accel switch point" down .5 as well (yellow/blue/mode-6). Then your final settings will be:

- GRN-3
- YLW-2
- RED-2
-GRN/BLU-.5
-YLW/BLU-3.5
-RED/BLU-4.5

You're right where I was @ stock settings (34-36 MPG) and after swapping these two settings I'm back to 44-45 MPG. Enjoy!

cool, I'll try those settings .. How did that effect your throttle response?

heres my current setting as set by dobeck when shipped

grn 3.5
ylw 2.5
red 2.5
green/blu 2
ylw/blu 4
red/blu 4.5

what are you running and are you stage 1 ?

Mark; I've got stage-1 + TD's on my 09 FLHX (no cam, or motor UG). Dobeck's set-up for your scoot could be a tad different, based on these bike/model set-up. Trick is to start "small" and note your changes so you can always back-off. I'd set GRN to 3 & YLW/BLU to 3.5 as a starting point & see how it affects performance/MPG.

As far as throttle response...no noticeable difference & nothing on the "popping" & "backfiring" dept as well. Bike runs smooth as silk...

Back