free website stats program Gen 3 today | Harley Davidson Forums

Gen 3 today

That is Exciting...

Remember to keep the gen3 wires Not Pulled too tightly at the injectors when neatly wrapping/bundling them... give wires room for vibration :D

Go Look in the mirror at your face Now,,,,,THEN and go Look again After your First ride:D

signed....BUBBIE

That is Exciting...

Remember to keep the gen3 wires Not Pulled too tightly at the injectors when neatly wrapping/bundling them... give wires room for vibration :D

Go Look in the mirror at your face Now,,,,,THEN and go Look again After your First ride:D

signed....BUBBIE

:newsmile100::newsmile100::newsmile100: I like your thinking!!! :newsmile100::newsmile100::newsmile100:

well I got it installed .. Seems a little smoother at idle , but as far as power not noticing any difference . if anythng maybe it's more sluggish .I just took it down the road for a short run .. Gonna ride it a little and see if gets better ..might need to do some tweaking

Mark; remember the GEN3 tuner comes pre-set for stage-1 & pipes so you might be running rich, depending on your bike's set-up. Even though my FLHX has stage-1 & TD's, I still adjusted a few of the settings (cruise fuel/decel) because it was too rich. If you smell alot of raw fuel while riding, might be time to adjust.

Also, per Dobeck's instructions, run a few tanks through your bike & see where your MPG's are sitting as well. Might take a few miles to get things in synch...

well I really didn't give the bike time to warm up good .. I took her out on a longer run and she did much better . throttle more crisp especially in higher roll ons . might need a little tweaking but gonna run it and see where the mileage is . for now so far I'm pleased :)

It's a pretty straightforward install .. small hands would help :)

Did you get the TFI or the EJK??? Just got off the phone with tech support at Dobeck and it sounds like the TFI is for older model bikes and the newer bikes take the EJK. The Gen3.5 can subtract fuel as well as add it, but I don't need to subtract any, so the Gen3 is the hot ticket. And the Gen4 is not available to the public yet. He also said the EJK model I need for my bike will have me disconnect the O2 sensors completely. Any thoughts on doing that??? I thought I needed the O2 sensors, but he assured me I don't.

Back