free website stats program gen 3 orTFI ??? | Harley Davidson Forums

gen 3 orTFI ???

fisherman124

got confused by the email the TFI is screw driver adjusted didnt understand the other people mapping thing .the gen 3 from what ijust read here comes more preset for easier fine tuning in.and is easier for ur tech support to helpadding the final touches if needed. simple is sometimes best for me

The basic difference between the two is that earlier models are adjusted with a screwdriver and Gen 3 with a key pad. The same action just different. I have a Gen 3 on my 09 Deluxe and it works well.

We would recommend the GEN3 controllers because of course we believe we made the tuning interface more simple. A lot of people do prefer though being able to physically see the adjustments on the TFI. We will continue to produce a TFI style for Harley bikes.

For most applications the only difference between a TFI and the GEN3 is the tuning interface. The GEN3 however allows us to do a lot of advanced tune-ups with add on features like: Boost fueling (turbos and superchargers), voltage manipulation (advance O2s or MAP clamps), NOS fueling, extra injectors (fire stand alone injectors on top the factory connectors)....

We believe a lot of people would be surprised to find out exactly what our GEN3 and later fuel controllers can actually do. The fact is most users and most applications don't need them.

well i feel better.. i just bought a tfi i was worried i should have bought a gen 3....

well i feel better.. i just bought a tfi i was worried i should have bought a gen 3....

SO, If I can ask here to continue? are the Dobecks TECHs saying that with the right TFI WE Have put on our bikes,,, it is the Right choice and nothing as advanced as Gen3 is needed for the HD 07 thru 10 models with full stage ones???

I'm VERY Pleased with my TFI on my 09FLHR and at a full stage one...
BUT am adding SE255 cams...No head or piston work Yet. So will the TFI FI-1252ST still do the Job??? OR do i need to go to another TFI??

signed....BUBBIE

I believe a TFI is the right choice for Stage 1 bikes because all it does is add fuel. Anything beyond Stage 1 is over it's capabilities from what I have learned. It sounds like a Gen3 is in your future.

BUBBIE,

The FI-1252ST will still be just fine. Only change by adding SE255 cams would be to possibly lower the Green pot a touch. A larger cam change would affect the Green pot even more.

Back