free website stats program Gen 3 EJK...... | Harley Davidson Forums

Gen 3 EJK......

Colt.45

Hi all
I have an "08" Rocker that I put V&H slip ons and a Big Sucker air system on along with Night Rider's XIEDs. I have always had decel popping which gets steadily worse [it improves a little if I disconnect the battery for a few min ?] but anyhow.......today my buddy and I installed the Gen 3 EJK [after removing the XIEDs] and left the EJK at factory settings. Rode about 50 miles at various speeds 30mph-90mph. I let off in every gear at various speeds and did not hear one pop! I could not tell if performance was any better [already runs like a striped ape] but sure was nice to hear only the 'rumble' and NO popping :) I 'might' eventually play with the settings but for now I am super pleased! It was a bit hard to reach into where the injectors are but my talented buddy was able to do so.
Very happy with the results.
Colt.45

I'm sure there will be more members signing on to give advice on settings and what works best for them. Congrats on the install and make sure you give your buddy a cold one and a high 5 for all his help. Nice looking ride.

HDDon
Yes Sir I sure will. Yeah,I thought I'd leave it as delivered [set for Stage one] for a while then perhaps tune it a bit. I'll have to see how the fuel mileage is as well [it has been running 43-45mpg].Thank you for the kind words I really like the looks as well. Next Spring I plan to spring for a set of mini-apes 10"-12". I still need to move lic. plate mount to axel and hope to find a sissy bar someday in the 12"-14" height.
Colt.45

If memory serves me the green mode is the one that effects mileage the most. If it was set from Dobeck to best serve your setup try it for a bit and see how you like the performance. You can always fiddle around with the modes but don't do what I did and not record the factory settings. :s Good luck.

Back