free website stats program Gen 3 EJK Installed But...... | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Gen 3 EJK Installed But......

When I put my TFI on my 07 RKC just a few weeks ago, my directions did say to disconnect the o2 sensors and attach a "bypass" to the wiring harness side. I was expecting to see wires that went from the TFI to the o2 senor connections down near the exhaust. BUT when I finnaly opened the package, those " bypasses" were simply something that plugged into the wiring harness to fool the ECM. Looked just like the connector I took out, without wires, but must have a resistor in there.
I would think the whole idea of the TFI is to remove the o2 sensors from the circut, while fooling the ECM into thinking they are still there, hence, the "bypass".

Yes, This is what is Missing on the install... Parts #P/N 910100117 O2 Sensor Bypass..... The SHOULD be in your packing plastic and in a Little see thru pouch/bag..

If NOT installed this is the problem.... Again I'll stand Corrected by DALLAS If I'm wrong..

Thanks Dallas, Just trying to help out (or get in the way haha)

signed....BUBBIE

Ok guys thanks for the help. I'll double check when I get home to see if I got those plugs but I'm almost certain I didn't. If I didn't is there another way to bypass them?
WAP.gif

Ok guys thanks for the help. I'll double check when I get home to see if I got those plugs but I'm almost certain I didn't. If I didn't is there another way to bypass them?
WAP.gif

JUST a GUESS on my part ,,, IF you Just unplug them ,,, The Caps MIGHT be only that,,,,, a Cap...

Dallas Please correct me if this is wrong..

You should not hurt anything by Just UN-pluging the 02 sensors....

Seemed that there was a "New" HD model out and Dobecks Didn't have the 02 plugs Yet.. So If I remember right , they said to just UN-plugg the 02's....

signed....BUBBIE

Just unplugging them will just set a code for the front and rear 02 sensors. The resisters are there to prevent that from happening by fooling the ECM.

JROB4438 - You need to have the O2 bypasses plugged into your stock O2 harness. If you do not have these please give us a call and I'll send them out to you.

jerrybombard-
I would think the whole idea of the TFI is to remove the o2 sensors from the circut, while fooling the ECM into thinking they are still there, hence, the "bypass".
This statement is correct.

For TFI units we can only do the bypasses which is just a resistor in the connector. For GEN3 EJK units you have the option to have the bypasses or a plug-in harness. Both ways have the same intent as jerrybombard described to actually allow fuel to be adjusted at idle and cruising. Which GEN3 EJK unit to select is just dependent on user preference for installation. The bypasses are quicker and easier.

BUBBIE your information is correct as usual along with Glider, but there is just a little more information to add.

The 2010-2011 HD Touring models implement a different O2 sensor system than the older Touring and other models. Since this is basically HD's test bikes for the new system you can simply disconnect the O2 sensors without tripping a visible engine light. We would probably make the assumption this O2 system will be implemented in all the 2012 models and you probably will not be able to simply unplug the sensors without getting an engine light.

More than likely there will be a whole new line-up of part numbers for 2012, but we'll see in a couple of months.

Ok so I just got home and double checked and I defenaltey DONT have the o2 bypasses so I'll have to call in the morning and get them on the way. In the mean time......I have a ride planned for this weekend only about 200 miles or so not real hard riding am I gonna do some major damage if i just run it until I get the bypasses or is there another temp way to bypass them?? Or should I just park it until they come in?

JROB4438 -

Talked to you this morning and we'll have the bypasses in the mail to you today.

You'll be able to ride just fine this weekend. Knowing your engine light is caused by the O2 sensors being disconnected will not affect the operation of your bike or the ECU map. Some other OEM bikes will go into a limp home mode when an engine light is displayed and make riding be far from enjoyable.

As I mentioned to you this morning I would just plug the O2 sensor connectors back together and then turn the Green mode off which is light setting 0.5 for a GEN3 EJK. This would be 1:00 for any TFI riders. Your controller will now basically become a CARB approved controller where we can not affect the fueling in the cruising zone.

Glad to hear you at least have some good weather to go on a Easter weekend ride as we just had a snow/ice storm here in Montana again.

Ok so I got the o2 bypass sensors installed on my bike and now here comes the stupid question. How do I reset the codes on my bike and get the check engie light off??

Thanks Dr. I cleared the codes now Im getting the codes P0107 Map Sensor Open/Low and P0113I AT Voltage Open/High. Which are codes I was getting before along with others now these are the only ones showing up. when I hold in the reset button on these codes until clear comes up do I press and hold again, which is what I did, and if so does it say anything so I'd know it was cleared? Also what are these codes for?

Back