Gel Seat Pads

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by sampson80, Jun 10, 2011.

1. sampson80

sampson80 Member

Anyone use any of the gel/foam seat pads? I am looking at a couple different sites that offer the gel/memory foam combo, especially for the passenger seat on my Heritage, any ideas??

2. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

Had gel put in my Corbin seat and I won't buy another seat or have one redone without it.

3. BUBBIE

BUBBIE Well-Known Member

Don, Just your opinion about the gel seat... (OR anybody)

Do you think they could gel a stock 09 FLHR seat I have on my bike and if Yes, are there any Better Jells available or just trust the upholstery shop?

Never went out of town before for a uph. shop but the Little one in my town is out of business..

I hi-jacked this thread with a question for more information....

signed....BUBBIE

4. 100ed

100ed Member

i had a gel put inside of both mine and wifes seat on our ride WILL NEVER GO WITH OUT
    had a local upholstery shop do it .i met them at a show in boston mass .love it

5. BUBBIE

BUBBIE Well-Known Member

I can probably find a close to home shop here in Wa. to do it. I just wondered IF the seat would take to the gel. I think it would as I have no plans to change to any different seat right now.. Gel might work fine.

The other day wife and I went on a 450 mile day ride. Mostly on not so smooth, but Beautiful bike 2 lanes..I could of Used a gel seat about that time.. Is there really that much difference?? Does it Stay or crush out after while?
    I had a Mustang seat that didn't have much cushion in it but very comfortable shaped...

Thanks

signed....BUBBIE

6. sampson80

sampson80 Member

I think I will try and find a shop around here that can "install" the gel or a hi quality memory foam into both seats.. I think that would be better than getting a pad. The stock passenger seat is really firm. Thanks for the info.

7. BUBBIE

BUBBIE Well-Known Member

Thanks for your thought here AND lending me Your thread as I too need information..

Keep us informed what you find and How you go about this project, others need to know.:s

Thanks sampson80

signed....BUBBIE

8. Mattman4403

Mattman4403 Junior Member

check out Mean City Cycles. They can re-do your stock seat pan adding different types of foam and /or a gel insert.

9. fin_676

fin_676 Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

It is possible to to the work yourself and fit a gel pad insert into the seat here is a link to how i did it

Harley Davidson Community

Brian

10. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

You could try this alternative is to clip on a sheepskin and gel pad...it was a quick fix and protects the existing seat...

[​IMG]

I have had good experience with the "Genuine Sheepskin Cover" by American Motorcycle Specialties. It has rubber coated metal hooks w/Velcro backed nylon webbing straps that grip under the seat and lip. The Memory Foam w/ 3/4" Gel pad works great, the sizes are 11"L x 7"W one for the pillion #18000 and there are other sizes. The website is Motorcycle Gel Seat Pads, Covers, Seat covers & Tie-Downs or call 1-800-710-7237...cost is about $75-$95.