free website stats program Gel pads | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Gel pads

I was researching gel pads too. Found one at REI used for spin classes. Cost was $37. I even cut the cover open and cut a section out of the back for my tail bone and had the wife sew the cover back. I told the salesman that if they would put "Motorcycle" on the thing that they could charge $100.

I use Comfort Max - Sheepskin Gel Pads...#18000 11"x7" Pillion pad to make the narrow pillion on my Drag Specialties Flame Leather Seat, #18005 12"x12" Rider pad, which clip easily to the seat using vinyl coated sheet metal hooks and nylon/velcro straps...they work great and have been in use about a year and 1/2...sun has faded them a bit, but that is all.

Rider-n-Pillion_Mods-1.jpg

NEWHD74FAN,the way you keep decking that sporty out when are you going to take the plunge and buy a dresser????:D

Well, I'm sure you repeated this rather famous ol' Harley adage...after wiping down the bike after completing some work: "Now I think I got 'er right where I want it...!" :small3d023: Then when you come to your senses "...for now anyway!" :D

I have a Saddlemans seat with the gel pad and it does not seem any better than a regular seat.

I picked up a gel pad for horse saddles that is shaped like a triangle and stick it under my butt after 8 or so hours on the Ultra, I find I can go another few hours that way.

I had my stock seat rebuilt with gel foam. I don't remember the cost but it was about the same as an air hawk. I had just the rider portion of the seat rebuilt.

I would recommend the gel foam but the biggest relief on the tail bone was a back rest. I have used the back rest for 500+ mile per day rides and I would not ride that distance without the back rest.

I have taked to riders on the road that highly recommented the Air Hawk but have not persnnaly tried one.

Back