free website stats program Gel Inserts for seats | Harley Davidson Forums

Gel Inserts for seats

BOWHIKER

Last summer I bought a stock take off from a ST custom to have a more comfortable area for the passenger , ebay for $65.00 . Saturday I took it to a guy in Des Moines to have gel inserts put in . I picked it up today and can't wait for good weather to try it out . For those interested it was $150.00 for both the driver & passenger . I was going to send it to mean city cycle but then saw this guys add on craigs list so besides saving the shipping it was about $100.00 less . This guy showed me in detail what he does compared to what others do . First he cuts out a large area where the gel will go then grinds it smooth so there are no little bumps then he wraps the whole thing in foam before putting the cover back on so the gel doesn't get hot when sitting in the sun . He said this is the mistake a lot of places do because when the gel gets hot it stays hot for a long time , he said the same thing happens with memory foam . This guy is a one man auto body shop that does this on the side . He does about 650 seats a year , I was really impressed with his work and I'm not easilly impressed . I can tell the difference just looking at it .

Thanks Bowhiker. Care to share his shop name or web site???

Sure I wasn't sure if someone might think I was trying to promote this guy but like I said he's a one man show so he doesn't have a web page but the name of the place is Elite auto Upholstery in Des Moines Ia his phne number is 515-276-4392 , he also does seat work for the HD dealer here too .

Thanks. I'm sure that some of the members around that area will be looking him up.

Back