free website stats program Geezer Glide? | Harley Davidson Forums

Geezer Glide?

Merlynn

Today is my 54th birthday and I just celebrated by installing a kruzer Kaddy cup holder on my ultra. So, how many and what kind of after market items do you have to install on your bike before it is officially a "geezer glide"?

I figured with stage one, rineharts, SERT, and dyno time my bike was mainstream. Looking at it in the garage now with that cupholder, pullback bars, and back rest it suddenly has a more "mature" look to it.

What else makes a bike look like the owner has an AARP card?

(Note: I have one...)

Last edited:
Hey touring bikes are supposed to be comfortable for the long haul. If that makes them qualify for the Geezer Glide category, well so be it!

Rod

If it's comfortable for a 62 year old then it must be a geezer glide. People said that 30 years ago with my 65 pan, just because it has bags and a windshield. Didn't bother me then and doesn't bother me now, especially when I can still do 800 a day and be comfortable.

I was at a bike night when the owner of tehe restaraunts wife is pointing out the different bikes to the grandchildren and when she came up to mine shetold them "thats an old mans bike" Thanks a lot

Attachments

• HPIM0107.jpg
    HPIM0107.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 42
Maybe it's a geezer glide, maybe it's not. My ? do you really care? I quit buy bikes for other people's opinions a long time ago.

My tongue was firmly in cheek when I posted this. I think my bike is wicked cool and ready for anything from bar hopping down the street to sturgis and back!

Happy Birthday Merlynn! I will be 54 myself in a couple days. I also have a Geezer Glide. Who cares what them whipper-snappers think. I also have an AARP card and I ain't afraid to use it!

I had a pretty strong suspicion your "tongue was firmly in cheek", and yes, your bike IS wicked cool, but many people DO think we're riding Geezer-Glides! But the truth quite often is, as someone here always says in their signature...."sooner or later, you'll own an Ultra"......they are named quite aptly, IMHO!

^5 Richard! Besides does Harley make other bikes? I hadn't noticed.:p

Back