free website stats program Gearing Up For 2010 | Harley Davidson Forums

Gearing Up For 2010

Joyflyin

Experienced Member
Staff member
Okay, since everyone is starting to get out, I'm starting to get itchy myself but I was thinking of how much this site has helped me be better on the bike. Thanks to all of the help from EVERYONE. I was going to name a few, but there are so many that I have learned from and I didn't want to leave anyone out. :)

I was thinking of some things that have helped me along the way, and here is one of many that stands out. Last year, I did the 10K service on my bike, so I had the bike in hubbies shop for several days, (fortunately, he didn't need it so I didn't get kicked out) but I put new spark plugs in the bike among other things.

One day last summer, I was riding to work one morning and all of a sudden, something was definitely wrong with the bike. I'm in the fast lane on 71 S coming into Cincinnati, I didn't want to have to stop here. I lost a bit of speed, but not too much, so I start working my way to the right just in case. I calmly looked down to see if there was any fluid spewing from the bike, nothing on the right, no fluid on the left, ahh, but I did notice that one of the spark plug wires had worked loose. So, I reached down and popped it back on until I could get off the highway to check it out better.

I obviously did not have it seated on the plug properly, but thanks to the fine folks here, I had the confidence not to panic at 70 mph and got the bike back to speed without getting hurt, not to mention tearing up my bike. :yes

So, I just want to thank everyone with the knowledge of these great bikes that is willing to share so that many of us 'little people' have the opportunity to become better riders by learning about our ride. (As much as I would love to say, 'I'd like to thank the academy and all the little people', I realize I am the little people and you guys are the Great Ones).:D:worthy:worthy:worthy

Thanks!

I-71 in or out of Cincy is a pretty busy road. Great job taking care of the problem and staying on the road. I'd probably panicked thinking I'd get zapped re-plugging the wire back on.

I totally agree with Joyflyin. Thanks everybody. And you all do it without making me feel stupid, very patient.

Joy we aint the great ones just those that believe that everyone should have the ability to do what is required to make sure there bikes and themselves are safer out there on the open road

And thats what makes this forum the best on the web caring and sharing aint it great

Ahhh, the modesty. :) I have learned a bunch just by reading here & really just having a clue as to what makes the bike go. :s So many have been a huge help by posting their experiences on the bikes and from working on the bikes. Just want you all to know that we appreciate you.

I do know that my bike appreciates you and what I have learned because it helps me treat it better.

Just one of those things that could have happened in 2007 and may have had an entirely different outcome.

I have to agree with Joy, you can't thank anyone with out missing someone because every single member contributes something from the first time rider to the people that have been riding from day one. Without questions there are no answers and without answers there is no knowledge. All you have to do is read one post and you're addicted, one question you don't know the answer to and it's all over. It's great to see things from a totally deferent perspective that would not be possible without the help of others. One of the things that keeps me here is the respect that each member has for the other, Respect is a forgotten word in this day and age, and thank you to everyone for trying to keep it alive, it's a old school biker thing for a lot of us.
Enough of this corn ball stuff, just want to say Thanks to all the moderators along with each and every member that make HDTALKING the great place that it is.
:cheers

I have to agree with Joy, you can't thank anyone with out missing someone because every single member contributes something from the first time rider to the people that have been riding from day one. Without questions there are no answers and without answers there is no knowledge. All you have to do is read one post and you're addicted, one question you don't know the answer to and it's all over. It's great to see things from a totally deferent perspective that would not be possible without the help of others. One of the things that keeps me here is the respect that each member has for the other, Respect is a forgotten word in this day and age, and thank you to everyone for trying to keep it alive, it's a old school biker thing for a lot of us.
Enough of this corn ball stuff, just want to say Thanks to all the moderators along with each and every member that make HDTALKING the great place that it is.
:cheers

Nothing wrong with old school Chopper, thats how we got here in the first place, lessons learned and yes to all who make this the great site it is. Thanks for having me, enough said lets ride we are burning day light, Jack

Back