free website stats program Gear swap | Harley Davidson Forums

Gear swap

fwcole

Is there any recommendations on changes that can be made to the trans to be able to acheive a higher top speed? I'm not asking about any particular model, just asking in general. I hear alot of folks talking about building these high hp motors, but their capabilities are limited by what the drivetrain is capable of.

You really don't want to go that way because it will kill the bottom end. The proper way is to go with a 6 speed trans. like a Baker trans.

I saw a race application compensating sprocket and chain kit, whats your thoughts on this sort of mod?

The evolution (brand) compensator is a solid sprocket without the compensator and shouldn't be used on a street bike.

I have a hard time justifying these big engine mods without more top speed. I'm not planning on doing any of this, just wondering if theres a cost effective way of producing more than 120mph. Baker 6 is about $2500, thats a pretty high price to me ,especially after tacking on motor work costs.

I have a dyna wg 2003 tc 88. Ive considered big bore kits but everyone I know whose done it says their topspeed is still 120 mph. I would consider these kinds of mods if I could get more topspeed. But to pay that much money for an engine build and then have to buy a new tranny doesnt make sense to me.

Back