free website stats program Gear drive install pix. | Harley Davidson Forums

Gear drive install pix.

trickydoc

These are pix I took of the gear drive install and the tension shoes. one is the outside shoe, it looks about 1/2 gone maybe a little more. new lifters, putting the lifter covers on was about the hardest, can't get to the back socket head screws. 1/4 turn at a time, slow. and the cam plate. pix of the bearing install/removal tool. for a rookie, I think it went pretty well. raining today, but tomorrow its sunny and 40ish, so think I will take little ride. burrrrrr but fun.

DSCN0814.jpg

DSCN0817.jpg

DSCN0825.jpg

DSCN0826.jpg

Nice pictures,,,, Those Shoes Looked Ready to start com'n apart.... Sure caught them in time...

How did the crank run out look and what did the gears micrometer out??

If the fit was good, You'll be happy with the gear drives.

Let us know how it reacts to the throttle and the sound the cams make okay..

I have been lucky with My Gear drives and the gear to gear fit was good and the crank run out was right inline on my 2000 FXDS when i converted that bike out.. Gear drives ran quiet and never a problem..

have a good time with the bike! :D

signed....BUBBIE

How many miles on those shoes? What kind of oil was used? I'm trying to learn for reference. :bigsmiley28:

How many miles on those shoes? What kind of oil was used? I'm trying to learn for reference. :bigsmiley28:

Shoes had 53k, don't know what oil was used before I got her but she's had 20-50 Bikers Choice for the last 20k or so. don't think its oil choice on the early shoes, just a roll of the dice.

Nice pictures,,,, Those Shoes Looked Ready to start com'n apart.... Sure caught them in time...

How did the crank run out look and what did the gears micrometer out??

If the fit was good, You'll be happy with the gear drives.

Let us know how it reacts to the throttle and the sound the cams make okay..

I have been lucky with My Gear drives and the gear to gear fit was good and the crank run out was right inline on my 2000 FXDS when i converted that bike out.. Gear drives ran quiet and never a problem..

have a good time with the bike! :D

signed....BUBBIE

yes the shoes were bout gone, Rick said we caught it just in time. don't know the numbers for the crank, Rick's engine guy checked that when we ate lunch. ok by him, ok by me. gears fit great.

yes the shoes were bout gone, Rick said we caught it just in time. don't know the numbers for the crank, Rick's engine guy checked that when we ate lunch. ok by him, ok by me. gears fit great.

Before and after pix are always a plus IMO:s

Back