free website stats program Gauge Wiring Question | Harley Davidson Forums

Gauge Wiring Question

09StdGlide

I've stated installing the Air Temp/Oil Pressure gauges on 09 Std Glide (wanted to fill the empty holes) and have run into a problem with hooking up the wiring. I do have the shop manual.

The harness conntections for gauge lights (2 prong black connector - orange and black wires) were obvious and just plugged right up.

The other connections on both gauges do not look to be quite as easy. The white plastic connector for the oil pressure gauge has two wires (orange and black) attached to the connector, however, the wiring diagram in the shop manual calls for a "BN/GN" from the open spot in the connector to the main harness [2B] [GY]. This is where I get lost...I don't see any such wire to pulg up or know how to do it if it's done another way. I think I passed my "know how" level at this point.

Same thing for the Air Temp gauge...it's not obvious to me how the wiring runs to the temp sensor on the frame.

Am I missing something easy? If not, I may have take it to the dealer and let them laugh at me! I thought the entire exercise would be "plug and play"

Thanks in advance for the advice.

I've checked the wiring disgram and the wires have to be there, keep looking and I'll see if I can't find a pic or something, have to break for dinner I'll try to find something and get back to you.

Don't know if this helps?
Oil pressure gauge [113] and lamp [112], if present;
identified by black tape.
Air temperature gauge [115] and lamp [114], if
present; identified by black tape.

09FLHTCWiringDiagram.jpg

Chopper, thanks very much for the help and effort. I'll check again in the morning to see if those wires are there and I just don't see them. Thanks again for the help!!

Back