free website stats program Gatlinburg | Harley Davidson Forums

Gatlinburg

gator508

Experienced Member
Just made reservations for 8 days on Oct 19. I'm hoping the leaves turning will be in full display. Oh yes, we are taking the bike with us, planning on a lot of riding. Always open for suggestions.

Jack, I'm going to let my wife take all the pictures:D

hope she does better than my wife with the camera. when we rode through Spearfish Canyon last year, I gave my wife the video camper and let her take pix while going through the canyon. Loaded them in the computer and was ready for a video of our ride. We had real good videos of the ditch on the right side of the road, then pan through my head then videos of the ditch on the left side of the road. we had a good laugh and no longer let the wife have the camera. y'all have a great time, we love Gatlinburg and the mountains.

Just made reservations for 8 days on Oct 19. I'm hoping the leaves turning will be in full display. Oh yes, we are taking the bike with us, planning on a lot of riding. Always open for suggestions.

Jack, I'm going to let my wife take all the pictures:D

:s That sounds like a good idea, have a safe trip:s

We were there last year around that time. Lower elevations won't be turning as much as the higher elevations. First pic Gatlinberg, second somewhere in the hills.

Attachments

• gat.jpg
    gat.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 48
  • gat1.jpg
    gat1.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 49
Nice shots Joe. Do you remember what the temps were?

On the Parkway in the high 30's low to mid 40's. In the valleys at gas stops, cook in your jacket...LOL

When we were there 2 years ago, the valley was hot high 80's, but when we got ~ 2000 feet or better we had to put on jackets, especially on 441 going to Cherokee.

Lots to do and see there.
Roaring Fork Motor Nature Trail.
321 from Gatlinburg to Cosby. Turn right at Cosby. 11 mls to where the road turns to gravel. Once you pass ground hog rd on your left, get ready for one of the most twisty roads this side of the Dragon. About 9 mls of fun to be had there. You can turn around because of the gravel or on to mount Sterling. The road becomes paved again on to interstate 40.
Turn left instead of right at Cosby will take you to the northern section foothills parkway. About a 6 mile section of that road.
Continue on 321 to Newport. Turn east on US 70 to Hot Springs. From there take 209 south back to interstate 40
Go over to Maggie Valley to- Wheels Through Time Museum. Motorcycles from all ages. Motorcycle engine chainsaws, airplanes, sawmills, and other amazing things.
Anywhere on the Blue Ridge Parkway.
276 from Waynesville to Brevard.
A lot more can also be found there.

Lots to do and see there.
Roaring Fork Motor Nature Trail.
321 from Gatlinburg to Cosby. Turn right at Cosby. 11 mls to where the road turns to gravel. Once you pass ground hog rd on your left, get ready for one of the most twisty roads this side of the Dragon. About 9 mls of fun to be had there. You can turn around because of the gravel or on to mount Sterling. The road becomes paved again on to interstate 40.
Turn left instead of right at Cosby will take you to the northern section foothills parkway. About a 6 mile section of that road.
Continue on 321 to Newport. Turn east on US 70 to Hot Springs. From there take 209 south back to interstate 40
Go over to Maggie Valley to- Wheels Through Time Museum. Motorcycles from all ages. Motorcycle engine chainsaws, airplanes, sawmills, and other amazing things.
Anywhere on the Blue Ridge Parkway.
276 from Waynesville to Brevard.
A lot more can also be found there.

Lidflipper,

Thanks, we are going to be heading to Maggie Valley on of the days we are there. We are staying right off of 321 in Mountain Shadows, great location close to everything. Thanks for the info. Lots of pics when we get back:D

Back