free website stats program gaterman 1023 lifters | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

gaterman 1023 lifters

Good deal! Hopefully this will end your lifter issues.

It seems as though I hijacked my own thread. After 175 miles the Wood Directionals get several thumbs up. I don't hear any floating at high rpm. Rpm......in the 6500 range.
WAP.gif

Hijacking your own thread is more than ok. Good news with the Woods lifters!

The instructions say .100. I set mine at that and found they turned noisy after a few thousand miles. I would say .100 is a starting point to try. Depending on cam configuration this is variable. I am going to change mine to 4 complete turns and see what happens. Just like stock lifters. They are hydraulics just with better oiling. So start out with the indicated turns, I used a feeler gauge to adjust them to the .100.

I NEVER set lifters LESS than .140 Deep,,,, Figured from "0" lash and using the Trds per inch on adjustable P-rod to get the diminution......

The Full travel of a lifter (normal with no Travel Limiter) is .200 to .212...

If you want to set them ONCE, Use the .140 and be done with it.

With Travel limiter installed. (in a proper cam adjusting position) Tighten adj pushrod until the valve opens... Staying open a little,,,,,,, after ALL the oil bleeds out of the lifter (Fully collapsed) Turn the adjuster (shorten) until you can feel the valve close... The adjuster turned until the p.rod Just starts to turn freely with the push-rod between your thumb and forefinger...

Go One to Two Flats (loosen) Most... Lock it down... Ready to go to the next one.

signed....BUBBIE

Back