free website stats program Gasoline question | Harley Davidson Forums

Gasoline question

Minimum of 91 octane, 93 is better.
Some Shell gas does not have the ethanol in it, using this is the best.

I use the highest at the pump I can find.
Usually 91-93, depending on the station/state I happen to be in.

I use Mobil 93 octane if at all possible in my 07. Kwik trip is my second choice as they will stand behind their gas. If the gas creates a problem with your engine they will cover the repair cost.

Nice note in 2011 manual
"Do Not Use Race Gas or Octane Boosters. Use of these fuels will damage the fuel system."

Note it said will not may or could???
I know I am strange I really do read the entire manual

That just shows you how intolerable to fuel additives the electronic sensors have become...

Nice note in 2011 manual
"Do Not Use Race Gas or Octane Boosters. Use of these fuels will damage the fuel system."

Every one should read the manual cover to cover there is a lot of info there , Strange I think not I too read manuals and every thing in between how else are we going to learn JMO:s

Nice note in 2011 manual

Every one should read the manual cover to cover there is a lot of info there , Strange I think not I too read manuals and every thing in between how else are we going to learn JMO:s

DITTO that, definitely nothing strange about reading the manual. Reading the manual should be one of the first things you do to get to know your ride.
That along with the service manual and join a great forum like this to get help with deciphering anything that you may not quite understand or just need a little boost to prompt you to do-it-yourself..

Problem is you go to put premium(91 here in CA.) in and the guy before you used regular(87) so the hose is still full of 87 how much 91 are you really getting? That's why I try to only fill when I am really low on fuel, maybe I will get more 91 that way.

Back