free website stats program Gasoline Pump Question | Harley Davidson Forums

Gasoline Pump Question

90FXRS

Contributor
Does anyone have any idea how much of the cheap stuff you're going to get when you pull up after someone, who got the cheap stuff, and you pump the high octane?

Supposedly none. There is someone on here that works on gas pumps that told everyone the single hose pumps have a drain back system in them. This makes sure you get what you pay for.

Im not so sure about that. If I fill by bike up at 1/2 tank premium verses 1/4 to empty it makes about mile and a halfe difference in my miles per gallon better when i wait for the tank to get lower i presume that it is because i get more premium jmo.

I only buy gas at a station that has a seperate hose for esch octane , that way i'm sure I always get what i pay for .

The next time at gas station have a gallon gas can with you. Stop filling car and tip hose in gallon can. You will probably find that little if any is still in hose. The feed point is so high up that it has to drain out when done filling....

In my area every filling station has different nozzles for different grades of fuel

Brian

Back